The Combine Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thats more important than the combine...sorry I can't help you, that has to suck, but I do wish you the best in getting things going again soon!...Hope the rest of your harvest goes on without a hitch!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Do I need to put a 24 hr. armed guard around my Cx so the engine doesn't "disappear" in the night? Or maybe the whole combine? Definitely look around ,maybe abilene machine, worthington ag, Worth a phone call at least. Hope things get better, you're close to bein done and off bighorn huntin!!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
we havn't got into the engine far enough but what wev'e seen so far we think a valve busted and part of it fell into the piston. must of been built on a monday or a friday

·
Registered
40 Posts
It is worth a try to talk to your local New Holland dealer. A few CX840 engines have gone in this area in the past. If the New Holland service rep in your area is a good guy and he and your dealer are willing to push for you? You might be able to get New Holland to pay for part of a replacement engine. Even though it is off warranty. It is no secret to New Holland that CX840 engines can fail and they have dealt with this issue before.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
do you know this for a fact because nobody has mentioned that their has been engine failures in the cx 840's the service manager has been helpful i willtalk to him a bit more

1 - 16 of 16 Posts