The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking into possibly purchasing an 01 CX 840 it is a higher hour machine, wondering if anyone has any experience putting more hours on these machine or if we should steer clear. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,450 Posts
Re: CX 840??

I have a cx840 with around 2400 eng 1750 sep. If its been maintained you should have no worries with it. Ours is being slowly rebuilt as we find more and more things wrong with it. Machine isnt great on canola. We seem to harvest for a day and stop for two at the moment. We have a 36ft 994 Honeybee on it. Had issues with threshing barley and wheat last year. Id check final drives and the main pin in the rear axle. Our pre sieve was ready to fall apart right hand top walker bearing wasnt installed properly and wasnt getting grease. Actuator for sieve leveling was dead, would go to one side and stay there, except the header told you it was level. Sieve adjust would work and top and bottom sieve would shut on there own.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Re: CX 840??

Email me your # and I will tell you what to look for at what hours. I have owned in excess of 30 CX combines and logged 23000 sep. hours on them, so we have encountered a few problems over the years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts