The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We currently use a cx 880 NH,prior combine was a tx 68.My opinion is the cx is a better combine.The cx appears to need a bit more tweeking in set up than the 68.The question I would like to ask other cx 880 owers what settings are used for optimum performance.Interested mainly in wheat,canola and oats.Settings starting from concave clerance,drum speed,fan speed,presieve opening,top sieve and bottom sieve opening.I understand that may factors may ulter the settings some what.Looking for replies that may differ than the intial settings in the owners manual.We are located in central MB,which is currently very wet.I appreciate any feedback that other may share.Thankyou!

·
Registered
206 Posts
it wold be much essayer if you would say what problems doe you have to solve (bed sample grain damage losses etc) generally I doe like CX and would not exchange it to TX

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
..........shaulinis;Generally no major issues.Seems to be some what difficult to really know exactly what is going out the back end.All the material in the sieve area is blown through the chopper.Relying more on the monitors for loss.Usually have sensitivity on 70,in which the icon is illuminated almost halfway.In wheat what do you have your sensitivity set at.Do you set your machine different than the manual.If so in wheat what are you setting.Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
..........we are in the interlake area.The area remains some what wet.Some of the farmers have tracks on their swathers as well as tracks on the combines.Also rwa may take up to 3 weeks ,if avaiable.Many are waiting for conditions to dry more,not wanting to spend the addtional money.If there was no rain for 4or5 days the ground conditions would firm up and the harvest would continue in a normal fashion.The weather forecast for the next few days is calling for more rain,never know time well tell all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts