The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
love our cx... to get more responses i think the first question would be what are the needs of a combine that is harvesting alfalfa seed (as it is not a popular crop around here... anyway) and edit title evaluation in alfalfa

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ran a tx66 for the longest time(1994-2009), bought a tx68 to run along side it, and another tx68 to replace the old 66. Have good luck with one 68 but the other one has been nothing but troubles and has less hours. 66 is still making me money in scrap parts lol... just bought a new cx8080 and can't wait to try it. CX series seems like a decent machine. Rented one last year because my tx68's electronic problems. I ran it for about 5 minutesnbecause the brother wanted to run it so I only ran truck :mad:. He couldn't keep it full on an average barley crop in a 25' swath... Guess i'll be double swathing

One more thing, I don't know why people hate the rakeup, but I recommend it. Picks up approx 3x less rocks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Love ours so far. We had a 8070 before this one and one is noticeably better so far, and I loved the 8070! Higher capacity, was going about 5 MPH at 70% engine load in 50+ bu/a rye and couldn't find any seed on the ground. Quieter, more comfortable cab as well. I do dislike the spreaders on this one as the old one blew the chaff into the chopper and spread it out better.

Cant speak for alfalfa seed though. We did Trefoil, Timothy grass and Red clover with the 8070, so I cant see the elevation being any worse.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.