The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a cx840 seems to have a new out of place vibration on left side. narrowed down to i think the lower variable speed pulley replaced belt and plastic cam slides on the outside still noise not any visible vibration still on here mr thatcher?

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
It's not a high speed vibration like your chopper? Make sure it doesn't vibrate, it'll tear your machine apart. We had one of our machine vibrate on the lower variable drive sheave also, it broke loose on the frame. I wound up cutting the channel out and installing a one inch plate drilled and tapped to fit the spindle. I've changed the bearings out twice in there, they are difficult to balance. I need to get a service manual for those machines, I think the sheave halves need to be timed.
Maybe you should check your fan bearings, try changing speeds on different components and see if the frequency of the vibration changes.

Good luck.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Take the belt off the pulley and see if it turns easy. Could be a bearing, straw/dust buildup, out of balance beater/fan/whatever.

We had straw get stuck inside of one of our beaters and it threw it off balance just enough to cause a noticeable vibration when running empty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts