The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the cx8080. Where do u guys generally start out with ur grain loss sensitivity on ur monitor on both wheat and canola? Also have u ever plugged ur 8080 and ur concave won't open up because there is to much pressure on it and how do u get it to release so u can actually pull on the wrench??

·
Registered
110 Posts
Our sensitivity is set around 50 on the moniter. I'm assuming your cylinder was plugged in canola? We try and set the concave so you have a 1/8 or 1/4 inch to spare. When we plugged the other day on standing canola ( green stems). Plugged it good 2 hours later finally unplugged. If you plug it that hard you just have to start pulling one stem at a time to open room up for the next one to come out easier. And pulling from the side doors helps too. Also I took off the cylinder belt so when your trying to reverse it with the wrench your only trying to turn the cylinder. No fun at all.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ours has always been set at 30.

As for the concave, you could try loosening the nuts on the side and dropping it down. We had to do that once and worked like a charm. Other than that, you just have to keep pulling out straw by straw.

·
Registered
140 Posts
50 on sieve and 30 on sep loss. I drop the header tie a chain to the wrench then to the header then back up do the 5 times or so, then reverse feeder house and never pull any canola out by hand. Sounds rough but how stupid of nh to not put a 2 speed cylinder in that combine. My settings in canola are
670 drum
Concave all the way open
Pre 1/8
Upper 11/16
Lower 3/8
Fan 700
Slow rotor Sep and open concave
Smooth rethresh plates
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
We have plugged it and concave wouldn't open. Bent the des lug wrench trying to turn it. Ended up having to pry up on concave bars while turning on cylinder with wrench. This was in oats took a wad of oats and dirt in at once. there was lots of room to open it up it just wouldn't go

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's the problem lots of room to open concave just won't release ended up beefing up the lug wrench tieing chain to it warping around feeder house and lifting it up to pull wrench a couple times until the concave would release! Just about made me cry to have to do that to my new to me combine....lol. Pretty primitive for a three hundred thousand dollar machine. I miss the old tx 66 that thing would reverse the whole machine and u could always release the concave no matter how bad it was plugged!

·
Registered
456 Posts
cx8080 plug

When it early in the season and you really feeling strong it good practice to plug, hit the concave switch the wrong way and rush out and try to unplug it with the wrench:rolleyes: - you will only do it once and would wonder how many of those God awful big wrenches have a bend to them. Makes the rest of the season so much easier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.