The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are getting the error code E-1728-03 with a message about the fuel rail pressure being exceeded, followed by the engine derating. So far we have changed all fuel filters, cleaned air filter, and checked fuel flow out of tank. There is a lift pump on this rig. Happens when the engine load gets high. There is no chip/tune on the motor. Has anyone had this issue, or have any ideas about whats causing it? We have to restart the combine to resolve the issue and its happening relatively frequently.

Thanks

·
Registered
172 Posts
Have had same problem on an 8070, the fault needs to be cleared by your dealer with E.A.S.Y (engine software) other wise it will keep coming back, while in E.A.S.Y monitor the rail pressure while working machine to see if the rail relief is cracking or if the sensor is faulty, there have been issues with the wiring going into the head to the sensor so it may be that, Good Luck!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Had that happen too. It was a piece of plastic in the fuel pank that plugged the fuel intake. I would open the feed hose from the tank and stick a rod up to free the flow and it would be fine until the piece came back. I then decided to drain the tank to remove the piece but it was to big to come out the botom. So I welded a pipe to the tank bottom fitting so the obstruction could not plug the outlet again. It has worked very wel, no problem since.

·
Registered
498 Posts
We are getting the error code E-1728-03 with a message about the fuel rail pressure being exceeded, followed by the engine derating. So far we have changed all fuel filters, cleaned air filter, and checked fuel flow out of tank. There is a lift pump on this rig. Happens when the engine load gets high. There is no chip/tune on the motor. Has anyone had this issue, or have any ideas about whats causing it? We have to restart the combine to resolve the issue and its happening relatively frequently.

Thanks
I know this is an old thread but we are having the exact same issue with a CX8080. Do you recall what the issue was? So far have change the fuel pressure sensor and the rail pressure relief valve. No luck.

Thanks

·
Registered
977 Posts
It's almost certainly a piece of plastic flashing from the tank molding if there's no schmoo blocking the hole. It plugs it off/ code goes intermittently?

Add a stem to the fuel inlet is the fix. I think we added 6 inches and they had holes drilled into them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.