The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey looking for some help, I have a DB 90 Bar that currently has 4 large tyres located under the central commodities bin, I want to replace these with a set of tracks and run 4 metre centres. I have heard of people putting tracks under these planters and just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction regarding a supplier so I can possibly purchase and import the tracks/under carriage to Aust. Cheers..

·
Registered
880 Posts
hate the berming of the tracks on the headland especially if you only leave 2 headland passes in corn., if you have a db only on the headland the tires leave a rut imo. when planter is donw you hardly notice the tires.
do the tracks fit on 15 inch rows?

the best advantage of a db bar is that the tires are in front of the planter units, when wheels pack with mud they at least don't wreck the metering system

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hate the berming of the tracks on the headland especially if you only leave 2 headland passes in corn., if you have a db only on the headland the tires leave a rut imo. when planter is donw you hardly notice the tires.
do the tracks fit on 15 inch rows?

the best advantage of a db bar is that the tires are in front of the planter units, when wheels pack with mud they at least don't wreck the metering system
I'm on 1metre (40inch) row spacings so I will have plenty of room on 4 metre centres for the tracks to run between the rows....my current setup with 4 large tyres means I can't position the row units correctly for 1 metre spacings unless I place them directly behind the wheels which sucks in our country, in soft conditions the wheels are leaving a compacted rut often 6 inches deep which the unit finds it hard to penetrate and cover the seed correctly giving a poor germination.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I'm on 1metre (40inch) row spacings so I will have plenty of room on 4 metre centres for the tracks to run between the rows....my current setup with 4 large tyres means I can't position the row units correctly for 1 metre spacings unless I place them directly behind the wheels which sucks in our country, in soft conditions the wheels are leaving a compacted rut often 6 inches deep which the unit finds it hard to penetrate and cover the seed correctly giving a poor germination.
I am curious how you are using a 90ft bar to plant 40 inch rows :confused:

I make that to be 27.5 rows... are you planting single skip or using it as an 80 footer?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am curious how you are using a 90ft bar to plant 40 inch rows :confused:

I make that to be 27.5 rows... are you planting single skip or using it as an 80 footer?
Correct , at present it is only planting 24 metres on 1 metre rows, it originally had units every 50cm but we removed them and will use some of these units when we extend it to 36 metres shortly, I am impressed with the DB bar and it's going to be a pretty smick unit when it's on tracks at 4 metre centres and 36 metres wide, it's going to give us some great capacity...

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Correct , at present it is only planting 24 metres on 1 metre rows, it originally had units every 50cm but we removed them and will use some of these units when we extend it to 36 metres shortly, I am impressed with the DB bar and it's going to be a pretty smick unit when it's on tracks at 4 metre centres and 36 metres wide, it's going to give us some great capacity...
Thought as much.. like your ideas! Where you at roughly? Might be some deals on DB bars coming up in the near future.. See your dealer. :)

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Neil's handle camoplast imports I think, or at least the larger track units for chasers etc, and maybe elmers are worth a try, I think geronimo in cowra are dealing in them.I'd be kee
n to see your machine, sounds impressive

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Neil's handle camoplast imports I think, or at least the larger track units for chasers etc, and maybe elmers are worth a try, I think geronimo in cowra are dealing in them.I'd be kee
n to see your machine, sounds impressive
Thanks , I spoke to a person that handles the imports side at Neils yesterday, (camoplast) so I have got the ball rolling now, as I have just finished with the planter until sept this year it will now go to Dalby to be extended to 36 metres and and hopefully by then the undercarriage will be sorted. The sprayrig, winter planter, header (tracks) and chaserbin are all on 4 metres now so the DB bar is the last to be converted onto the 4 metre system...Im at Jandowae so when the machine is finished if you are anywhere near me, shoot me a pm...

·
Registered
8 Posts
In the US, John Deere dealers are Camoplast dealers by default (what they told me), so maybe check with them in your country. I put the Camoplast track system on our DB60, and got everything through the local Deere dealer.

·
Registered
632 Posts
A DB bar in Australia would be 400 grand investment through your local JD dealer. Couldn't you just go on 3 metre spacing and save the 20 odd grand it will cost for tracks? I still reckon a DB 80 with disc openers and a tow behind aircart would be awesome for wheat/winter crops. Has anyone imported one from the states?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A DB bar in Australia would be 400 grand investment through your local JD dealer. Couldn't you just go on 3 metre spacing and save the 20 odd grand it will cost for tracks? I still reckon a DB 80 with disc openers and a tow behind aircart would be awesome for wheat/winter crops. Has anyone imported one from the states?
The one I have was imported by the previous owner from out of the states. With the tyres under the central commodities system at present, there is no way to put the current tyre configuration to 3 metres as it has 4 large tyres underneath.. I am thinking I might as well put it in sync with all the other farming plant if I go to all the effort of a new undercarriage. I decided on tracks as with the commodities cart half loaded and 4 tyres it cuts a decent trench in our brigalow/belah scrub soils in average sowing conditions, hopefully tracks will eliminate that...

·
Registered
382 Posts
Thanks , I spoke to a person that handles the imports side at Neils yesterday, (camoplast) so I have got the ball rolling now, as I have just finished with the planter until sept this year it will now go to Dalby to be extended to 36 metres and and hopefully by then the undercarriage will be sorted. The sprayrig, winter planter, header (tracks) and chaserbin are all on 4 metres now so the DB bar is the last to be converted onto the 4 metre system...Im at Jandowae so when the machine is finished if you are anywhere near me, shoot me a pm...
What kind of header are you running that can operate on 4 metres centre? What width of tracks?

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,943 Posts
Finally found this old catalogue i have had filed away. Omnitrac Australia. Its amazing what types of machinery they have put tracks on. Not sure if they are still trading. We priced some track frames for a chaserbin, many years back.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.