The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone else has heard of this........ We had to boost our 8010 to move it out of the shed. Once it was running I found out the alt wasn't charging so left it running for about 45 min while I got other equipment out of the shed. When I came back it had stalled. We tried boosting and even different battery's, it would crank fine but wont start. Getting all kinds of communication and engine faults. Had dealer out and they say the engine controller is bad. They claim if voltage gets too low it will fry engine controller! They told me if the alt stops charging to stop immediately or risk damaging engine controller. Thought I would share this, maybe it will save someone else buying a engine controller.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
when jump starting did you hook up to correct battery, I have a hard time believeing controller is out, did dealer hook laptop up see what errors you have, low voltage, okay, change alt out and try, scott.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We boosted on rear battery. Mechanic said he tryed to reload controller but couldnt "capture" it. He took alt and ECU from other combine and got it running.It was the controller for sure just not sure what actually damaged it. He also told me not to let our 485 tractors run when alt is not charging. He said this is a issue with Iveco engine controllers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts