The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any dealers that anyone knows of that carry mac don headers and gleaner combines? Or any mac don dealers that are experienced putting them on gleaners? Just nervous about mating the two together without someone with knowledge to set up correctly.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Yost at St. Francis, Kansas handles both Gleaner and MacDon. When I bought a MacDon in 2008 I got it from Yost. However when you buy a header from a different company than the combine good luck if you ever have a problem. All they can do is point the finger at each other. I didn't have a problem except getting the speed control of the header to read with the ground speed of the combine. Gleaner said it was a MacDon problem, MacDon said it was a Gleaner problem. In 2012 I went to a DynaFlex and glad I did.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I do like the MacDon way better if the AHHC don't work, Our's quit for some reason last fall for a few days and it was a pain, with a 40 footer on uneven ground. The DynaFlex is great when evrythings working.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Storrers in Iola carries both and pushes the MacDon. If buying a new MacDon a rep will sometimes be available. I have been involved in setting up one on a 76 and a 77. I believe it is easier to calibrate than the dynoflex.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Bought several MacDons from Yost. Great guys to deal with. Good pricing and know their stuff when it comes to drapers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts