The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am researching for which draper would be best for soybean harvest. I see the JD must flex better but also runs 2 belts on each side? I like the cutterbar sickle on the deere, having more room between the guards to allow the cornbutts into it rather than pushing the butts over the soybean plant & not cutting it off. How does everyone like the deere or the agco? Has anyone run both?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don, Claas does not make a flex draper & do not want a Macdon as they flex only on their hinge points. Are their any other true flex heads worth looking at? I'm not a Deere guy but their products look more appealing every day. If Claas had one I'd buy that. Agco products are not refined enough & have more issues & trouble with them as I have demoed & learned in the past. I demoed a 1200 Claas but if I spend that much on a head I would prefer to spend a little more & get a draper.

·
Premium Member
4,091 Posts
Don, Claas does not make a flex draper & do not want a Macdon as they flex only on their hinge points. Are their any other true flex heads worth looking at? I'm not a Deere guy but their products look more appealing every day. If Claas had one I'd buy that. Agco products are not refined enough & have more issues & trouble with them as I have demoed & learned in the past. I demoed a 1200 Claas but if I spend that much on a head I would prefer to spend a little more & get a draper.
You answered your own question buy the Deere.

·
Registered
163 Posts
MacDon would be my recommendation. I'm a Deere guy, but would never think of using a Deere flex draper. I've cut side by side with the Deere in soybeans and you CAN'T tell the difference. The only reason there are so many Deere flex drapers out there is because of multiple discounts. I prefer quality, dependability and ease of operation.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.