The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hopefully the guys on here that know, will get you the information. Seems like a good idea. I have seen numerous 84-8630s over the years with the 50 series engines.

You must have a lot of hours on your 4430, as I have had more than one tell me that they had over 10,000 hours on theirs and still going strong.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
NUMEROUS 4430's over 10,000 no question about that! They weren't set up to kill themselves. If that tractor had enough power for you and you didn't abuse it, will last a very very long time.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I have seen numerous 84-8630s over the years with the 50 series engines.
Thats because the original engine was trouble prone. Deere basically gave you a 50 series engine if you would pay the installation labor. There was something like a 2500 hour cap on the program but many dealers didn't look at the tach very closely.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Hopefully the guys on here that know, will get you the information. Seems like a good idea. I have seen numerous 84-8630s over the years with the 50 series engines.

You must have a lot of hours on your 4430, as I have had more than one tell me that they had over 10,000 hours on theirs and still going strong.
you cant put the 6619 in a 8430 because they have the 466 and the way everything sits under the hood is different the 8630 and 8640 and 8650 all have the 6619

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes it has over 10,500 hours. I dont like how the oil pump drive is on the 404, we lost the cam, crank, turbo at 3000 hours because of the drive failing, but the top end wasnt touched. It is ready for a new cam again, I thought about upgrading to a later 466 to get the crank driven oil pump and the updated fuel system. The injector pump needs to be rebuilt, it has never been touched either; Still my favorite tractor. And puts in a full days work around here year around.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm considering the same thing on a 4630. Is it as strait forward on them? I'm tired of the 404 :rolleyes: and it's weak.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.