The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about trading our Deere 4630 on either the 4730 or rg900 any thought and opinions. Which will track better down the row and also how are the booms on the gator? Never been around one but the 4 wheel steering grabbed my attention about the gator

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
i love my 2012 rg 900 great machine quieter than jd tracks really nice i dont have 4ws but there saying 2013 models worked well i nearly orderd mine with it but they said wait a to prefect it they seem to have it working well

as for booms never had an issue with mine

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another thing is we run with the rows and some sprayers will slide into the row on terraces and makes a mess. How do these two machines handle going down the rows

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
the ride is really nice on the gator cant get better if you ask me suspened cab pls all for corners the cab entry is nice also alot wider than deere and case with the booms in
as regard you going into rows i have no idea with 4ws should be better than 2 ws

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We grow a lot of cotton around here and need crop deflectors to protect the bolls from hanging or getting tore off. Does gator have crop deflectors for them. I can't seem to find any pics of gators with them

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
yeah full set 4800 canadain but well worth it you can get air lift too the spring tention once set forget it i check mine once per season

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
As far as tracking goes the 47xx deeres do not track well. They are butt heavy and the rear end will track down hill. I don't know how the gator tracks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I went and looked at the gators today they look sweet and very we'll built looking. Looks like it's made to last. It had junk good years on it tho. Do they come with any other tires

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I went and looked at the gators today they look sweet and very we'll built looking. Looks like it's made to last. It had junk good years on it tho. Do they come with any other tires
Tell em to take them off or NO DEAL! "Good" year has sold it's last tire to this farmer. If you can swing it get the Spraybib's they are expensive but they are 4X the tire.

·
Registered
444 Posts
When I ordered my Rogator in 2012 the Goodyear was the standard tire and Michelins were optional. Most dealers seem to order stock machines with the Goodyear tires as the Michelins are an expensive upgrade (but worth it IMO).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts