The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would say that the lexion would proberbly get a bit more done, and do a slightly better job at it than the deeres. They are maybe even a bit more durable than the deeres, but jesus christ i wouldnt want it to be my wallet when you have to fix a lexion.

not in europe anyway

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
i don't think i'd ever wanna trade a lexion in if i ever bought it, they don't bring sh*t when it times to trade in, and dealer support is still lacking.

That said however, believe there was a thread not too long ago about this 9870sts vs a 590R (??), and the summary was it wasn't a fair comparison to start with.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
[quote author=ebertfarms board=JD thread=8021 post=66172 time=1219749233]i don't think i'd ever wanna trade a lexion in if i ever bought it, they don't bring sh*t when it times to trade in, and dealer support is still lacking.

Thats why you buy a low houred secondhand machine. I love the way people talk about the low resale value as a bad thing, i reckon its great! You can buy the equivilant capacity of green or red paint in yellow paint for half (or less) the dollars. Might be different in the US, but I doubt it.

And come on people, just because there is a machine out there that has more capacity than a green machine, doesn't make it an unfair comparison. I find that a very strange argument.

As for the original question i have run lexions against just about all other brands and this is what i have to offer.

In the big wheat areas of Australia yields to well to reach 36bu acre (1 tonne/acrea). With the fronts we have today the peak acres/hr reach a bit over 40acres/hr. So that means a machine only has to be able to do 40/tonnes per hour, which any of the top machines of any brand is capable of doing. A lot of the time they only have to do half this amount.

When you get into the more dense and higher yielding crops the story starts to change. I have seen green and yellow machines together on a farm doing 80bu wheat and 100+bu barley taking in all the straw. Outcome, lexion wins hands down. Even a near 10 year old lexion 480 will murder a 9860 in these conditions, I have seen it too many times.

To answer your question, "Just want to know if any of you have harvested next to a Lexion and what was the differances in capacity.", in terms of just capacity, Lexion is leading the way. If you asked a more indepth question regarding what machine to run, that's an entirely different question.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Forget about sentiment. What I hear is that Lexion have the highest threshing capacity by far,and when it comes to seperation even more capacity. Yes , per combine unit it maybe more expensive , but per capacity it do what 1 and half Deeres do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts