The Combine Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Debating the features , performance ,subscription fees and support between the 2 makes . I would like to use the system for autosteer ,vrt on air cart plus vrt on a Dickey - John NH3 .would appreciate your comments.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Trimble FM1000, better guidance using three axis vs Deere two axis and has the ability to run two receivers for implement steering. The unlocks for the expanded functions cost less as well. RTK is available using VRS cell network if there is one available in your area. Trimble can utilize the Glonass network if required for more satelites to track, this is more important the more northerly you are. Trimble is the Global leader in Survey GPS technology which is much bigger than AG ever will be.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
GS 2600 was programmed by people to stupid to work for Microsoft. Anybody that thinks the 2600 is good has never used any other system. The 2600 also has the worst documentation I have ever seen for a computer program, while being counter-intuitive at the same time.

The only benefit the 2600 brings is the compatibility with Deere's equipment.

Also, not all Deere service techs are equal. If you think you are going to buy the Deere, check out the reputation of the local service tech. My local dealer has two who can't find their a** with either hand, and one who knows what he is doing. The trouble is the only guy with ability is to busy to service my local store.

And check out the operating temperatures on the units. Deere may not warranty units that have been stored colder than 0F or hotter than 100F. In bad weather you have to unplug the unit and take it home with you. If the screen washes out there is no repair. Another $6000 down the drain.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I have no experience with the 2600 so I can't say much about that.

But we have a FmX and are very pleased with it. Actually, we are very please with all of our Trimble equipment!

Advantages of Trimble over Deere:

-Reliable RTK with a range of up to 30 miles when using the VRS network.

-Even their standard RTK has been proven more accurate than Deere's

-Section control on up to 48 sections of fertilizer and seed!

-Trimble uses Dickey-John components so everything should be just about plug and play.

-If going with autopilot you will have a much more accurate terrain compensation. Three gyroscopes and two accelerometers v.s one (maybe two?) gyros?

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Yeah, FM1000 is a Case-branded FMX. It is sweet, but I haven't seen a lot of documentation that came with the system. I was expecting a hundred-page manual or something, instead all I've been able to find was a quick reference card that wasn't very helpful.

The gear got installed while I was away, so maybe more papers got put away somewhere. /shrug

·
Registered
83 Posts
Depends on your machines your going to use.....stick to deere if all your machines are JD auto track ready!! No cab clutter and No extra holes in your equipment.... If you go FMX and want to change the display throughout other vehicles you will need to shift the reciever,Navcontroller and screen or buy extras!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am using Trimble FMX in a deere and it is awesome.
Tractor came autotrac ready and the Trimble gear was installed quickly and easily with no holes drilled at all.
I had trouble with the steering valve which was brand new john deere (see other thread) which has been replaced under warranty. Not before Trimble guys worked their butts off trying to solve problem though.
I swap screen, 252 and radio in about 5 mins between machines with no dramas.
My two cents...... LOVE TRIMBLE!!!!!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Try running a FMX in a new Deere sprayer, theres no point installing one when the GS2600 controls all the boom features, throw up a receiver on the roof and away you go!! I would have loved to use our FMX but it was too much of a hassle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts