The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Our transition from Kramer to Agco and Western Harvest Centre (Claas) has shuffled the machinery line on our farm, challenger tracked tractors to Deere....deere dealership nothin short of outstanding, plus 3 sister dealerships within 1 hr of our farm....CLAAS seems committed and prepped to keep us satisfied as Kramer did for us....Claas 1 hour away

We r surprised to find the "Deere" tracked tractor to be no better and overall a notch below in overall performance so far....improvements are occurring from steering to shifting...and some features are better than Agco....

Well we being courted on combines and takin Don's advice to consider 760's w cemos/cruise pilot if too tight to go 780's and not provide the xtra operational features of cemos/cruise....we considering 680's Deere as local fall help impressed us as 680 seemed comparable to '10 -590 w sunnybrook...interested in any comments either way...

Lookin at '15 deere's vs '15 Claas ...so the newest and greatest.... Courted on leasing too.... Traditionally we don't mind ownership

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We measured yield n capacity n fuel to be comparable in canola to our 590.... We demoed a 690 and a 690 prototype w new W Cdn improvements in feeder house ...we felt they were very comfortable, "quiet" in the cab, and we know their service department is over committed to seeing them perform, the locked in cost of ownership per combine per acre was closer to a traditional value vs recent years quoted upgrades...

·
Registered
924 Posts
well we run Challenger tractor that we purchased new from Kramer and to say the least we are happy as h**l they lost the dealership we have two Agco dealers that are way better at service and still treat you like a farmer not a contractor. We just purchased a new Rogator form White Ag sales out of Yorkton last winter they are excellent and way better then Kramer ever was. Nicks service outta Regina is our other dealer they have been outstanding for service on our MF combines and swather

·
Super Moderator
5,037 Posts
We measured yield n capacity n fuel to be comparable in canola to our 590.... We demoed a 690 and a 690 prototype w new W Cdn improvements in feeder house ...we felt they were very comfortable, "quiet" in the cab, and we know their service department is over committed to seeing them perform, the locked in cost of ownership per combine per acre was closer to a traditional value vs recent years quoted upgrades...
Keep in mind you are comparing one brands bleeding edge machine with another's design that's well over ten years old.
Not really fair. You need Apples to Apples.:)

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
You are being treated much better than I am on the same trades. Both need over $300/separator hour to trade to old stock 2014 combines and another $30,000 to go to 2015 model.

I doubt a S680 will hang with a 760.

Did you notice any capacity difference between the deere 2015 prototype and the neighbors 680? They want a lot of $$$ for the upgrade.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
If you measured capacity, fuel usage and losses then you should already know the cost of ownership difference. Deere made us a very good offer price wise but by the time we calculated the extra losses and fuel it made the decision much easier.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
If you measured capacity, fuel usage and losses then you should already know the cost of ownership difference. Deere made us a very good offer price wise but by the time we calculated the extra losses and fuel it made the decision much easier.
X2, at the end of 10 years of ownership between the losses and 50 percent lower tare in my application. I could give away the claas and still be cheaper than owning the Deere

·
Registered
338 Posts
You are being treated much better than I am on the same trades. Both need over $300/separator hour to trade to old stock 2014 combines and another $30,000 to go to 2015 model.

I doubt a S680 will hang with a 760.

Did you notice any capacity difference between the deere 2015 prototype and the neighbors 680? They want a lot of $$$ for the upgrade.
I don't think a 680 will keep up to the760 either

·
Registered
497 Posts
I bought a 760 lex this year and what our sts was throwing over vrs the lex in canola on our farm was unbelievable, friend has 680s we were working beside each other in canola he was at 13 acre hour and I was at 19 he said anymore than that he was throwing, I was under 3/4 bu loss.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
And you have traded how many Lexions?
You've owned and traded quite a few Lexions Don. Can you trade for less than $300/hr. Or have you got a sweet rental agreement going.

Excessive Losses and lousy performance are a problem with Deere's everywhere it seems ;)
I gotta say after reading a lot of posts and talking to people that have really tried to give these Lexions a shot. I would have to say that downtime and parts and service seem to be a problem.

·
Registered
880 Posts
You've owned and traded quite a few Lexions Don. Can you trade for less than $300/hr. Or have you got a sweet rental agreement going.

I gotta say after reading a lot of posts and talking to people that have really tried to give these Lexions a shot. I would have to say that downtime and parts and service seem to be a problem.
Thats a true statement... but they have improved the last couple of years to say the least opening hours have increased and parts on stock has improved.
But getting a hold of a mechanic afterhours still a joke

·
Registered
35 Posts
The S Series cleaning system is MUCH different than the 70 series and earlier Deere. Our average fuel consumption with our 680 this year was 1.1 Gallons per Acre, averaged across, Wheat, Canola, Beans, Flax, Lentils. The 760 is a Class 9 is it not? Isn't a 750 a more comparable machine to the 680? Switching brands is always hard. Good luck with your decision. In a potentially volatile equipment market Leasing over 5 years with a 50% Residual is pretty attractive.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.