The Combine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had just went past mattoon and seen a deere combine but it was narrow and really boxy.... pretty sure it said 9670 or some combination like that... just curious..

·
Registered
139 Posts
Re: DEERE ON IL 57 WHAT WAS IT???

Probably seen a 9570sts, they are boxy, since the width of the sep. is the same as a 6620, it tends to leave alot of room between the gullwing doors and sep. sidesheets.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts

Heard there was a prototype or two at the factory in the not so distant past... perhaps you caught a glimpse of one of these?

·
Registered
778 Posts

Am I seeing wrong or does it say Hillmaster on the side of that T670? Doesn't look like there's a sidehill kit under that thing. Self-leveling shoe maybe?

·
Super Moderator
2,507 Posts

Made me dig my glasses out.
Doesn't help much though, it does end Master but I can't tell the front letters.

Don

·
Registered
173 Posts

It sure sits up off the axles like our 9510 sidehill does. I don't see the hydraulic cylinders though. Some other mechanism of leveling? To my eyes it says hillmaster and the machine looks like a sidehill from the height perspective.

John

·
Registered
177 Posts

If it is anything like the S690i the final drives actually rotate like a cam to raise and lower each side. Can't remember if it goes 15 or 22 degrees though??? Interesting looking setup.
Chad

·
Registered
22 Posts

hi

im from the UK these combines are very popular, as bighammer says it is a hillmaster combine and the final drives rotate to lift or lower the combine, it compensates for 15% slope and then the feeder house will go for 7% giving a total 22% slope and the combine will still be level.

matt

1 - 13 of 13 Posts