The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any one has experience with both. Loewen is quite a bit cheaper but main concern is if I can still use the deere concave insert bars with the loewen concaves. I am assuming they also use the same latch setup that deere uses on the 60 series? also wondering if the profile and bar spacing is the same as deere? The reason i am wondering is because to often in the past i bought aftermarket parts only to find out that it is not the same as OEM. thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
653 Posts
The loewen/ai concaves for the small grain are a little heavier made with a little thicker material. The cover plate mounting is different so cover plates would also need to be purchased but they aren't too expensive. I assume when you are talking insert bars you are referring to the bars you install on the round bar. IF so I don't have a lot of experience with the inserts but have installed round bar concaves. There again I assume they are different. If you are installing the loewen onto a 50 series you will need to buy the extra latch kit b/c the new concaves are like the 60/70 series latches. If you go to my website, you can access AI products through there and order the concaves and have them shipped direct to you. Call if you have any questions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.