The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
will this replace the 4940?,was expecting a little more,
There's plenty enough already, it weighs over 7500 pounds more than a 4430 Patriot!

That's like 900 gallons of water that never goes away....

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
Sorry I killed your thread beesboer, I just couldn't believe that the sprayer had gotten heavier still.;)

Thinking about this some more the JD does run larger diameter tires which would weigh more naturally (not sure how much though?) I would gladly accept those pounds involved with larger diameter tires because of the added footprint and flotation.:)

I guess it all boils down to weight and balance. Has JD been able to get a better front/rear weight split on these units? I can't seem to find the info on that.

I would agree that having booms in your view during transport is a big issue, I almost drove in front of a truck one time because of that.......and maybe not paying close enough attention.:eek:

·
Registered
41 Posts
The balance should be similar to the r4038 I run, in my experience this spring the weight is very well balanced and it floats so much better than my old 4930 despite the smaller tires.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I don't know much about JD sprayer booms, but my 11 year old seen the 4038 today with the booms out. "Man you'd break the pole if you hit it with that thing."
He's seen me hit a few. I guess he thought they were pretty beefy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.