The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey hey,

I've got a question my three local dealers can't really seem to find an answer to since no-one in our area has done it yet.

We have an 01 9300, i'm gonna be upgrading to the HID's. The way i understand it, the alternator will be able to handle all 8 since it draws less power overall compared to the halogens. Wiring these is not an issue, but i'd like to make sure im not over-working the alternator since i imagine they can get pricey. opinions? advice?

Also, on the 20 series deere's with the light package they have the handy dandy strobe light on a pole to better prepare drivers for a SMV. Correct me if i'm wrong, but it looks like it just mounts to the mirror support/handle in front of the door.

How would one go about wiring that? Obviously i need a switchable power/ground, and thought about just wiring it into the caution lights, but would that cause it to flicker on/off instead of actually strobe?

Thanks,
Dave

· Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know two use less wattage (i converted my truck to hid's) but occassionally they dont get enough power to get the ballasts to ignite the lights, so i have to switch em on/off real fast.

I'm not sure if the aftermarket ones are the same...if they are, who knows if i'll ever get enough power to all 8 at the same time to ignite the bulbs or not?

· Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the switch #, i know they can get the little arm deal as well (plan on running an oversized LED strobe).

Thats what has me wondering how deere/case/etc can get all their HID's to fire right everytime...i'd think their identical to the car systems, but maybe they changed some? i havent been able to look at a 20 series close up for wiring and such to see if anything is different there, or if its all in the light housings.

· Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well at minimum i could do 4-6. I'd really like 6 so the rear fenders have a set, rear roof light is a set, and the forward roof light is a set.

I could get away not having the forward roof lights...but it'd be nice so i can see catch basins ahead of me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.