The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking really hard about trading my 9510r on a 14 540 quad. Was just wondering how the newer cases have been for reliabilty. Our jd has been a nightmare. Seemed like every other day there was a new little issue to fight with. We used to run stx's and had good luck with them but our last one was a 07 so just curious how the newer models with the emissions crap stack up

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
I had a 2011 which was one of the first tier 4 units off the line and it was never-ending codes! Most related to emissions. They have worked some bugs out since then but the emissions stuff on CNH equipment can at least be deleted now.:) Good luck deleting all that apparatus on a JD engine...

I would say going to a 4-track unit of any kind would be the biggest improvement you would notice.;) New JD cab is quieter IMO. I won't gaurantee trouble-free but the 2013's I have been running have been OK.

·
Premium Member
3,107 Posts
What problems are you having with your Deere? Air filter? Extremely hot cab due to the hydraulic tank being half inside?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What problems are you having with your Deere? Air filter? Extremely hot cab due to the hydraulic tank being half inside?
Lol Yup both of those are bothersome for sure! Keeps your coffee good all day tho! A couple of cracked fuel lines,cracked coolant line,numerous hydraulic leaks, piece o shat touch screen with a mind of its own- updated once and replaced once the new one worked for about a week at seeding then crapped out too, tons and tons of random little error codes popping up. Mostly minor stuff that didnt end up causing alot of downtime but christ does it get irritating when that stuff happens over and over again! Dont think i went one day at seeding this year without something going wrong. Oh and not a breakdown but the 500 metric tons of soil that builds up on the back drives me crazy!!

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
Is this a major problem? I demoed a 9560R this fall, we were pulling a 90' Elmer's harrow so were working it fairly hard. The cab was warm even though the temperature was turned all the way down. This was late October so not a real hot day either.

And the "air filter plugged" beeper was going off every couple of minutes.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is this a major problem? I demoed a 9560R this fall, we were pulling a 90' Elmer's harrow so were working it fairly hard. The cab was warm even though the temperature was turned all the way down. This was late October so not a real hot day either.

And the "air filter plugged" beeper was going off every couple of minutes.....:rolleyes:
yes the cab is extremely hot. seeding in some hot weather this spring the a/c could barely keep up. as far as air filter goes its a major pain in the ass-they did a couple updates on it and i can still only get about 25hrs out of it!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I demoed a Steiger 500 yesterday with a 22' Case/IH 870 disk ripper. Really liked the finish the 870 left vs the Krause Dominator I was pulling (or attempting to pull) with my 8335R Deere.

I liked the 500 except it was power hopping really bad, the power hop on the big 4x4's really scares me. If I end up going that way I think I will be looking at the quad. The salesman said the power hop could be fixed if the tractor was aired and weighted right, I just have horrible memories trying to get a 8000 series tractor to stop power hopping before ILS and really don't want to deal with that again.

·
Super Moderator
5,050 Posts
What problems are you having with your Deere? Air filter?
Ran back to back 9560's. Traded to get PTO and IF tires, identical otherwise.
First one air filter warning a regular occurrence, often as little as 10 hours apart.
Second one has 700 hours, no warnings, cover yet to be cracked open.:confused:
Oh and not a breakdown but the 500 metric tons of soil that builds up on the back drives me crazy!!
I've never actually weighed it, but traction issues should be at a minimum.;)

Agree and looks like fuel tank relocation is Deere's answer to it.
Extremely hot cab due to the hydraulic tank being half inside?
I've never actually noticed that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.