The Combine Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone deleted the Def system on the S77 yet? Having trouble with ours and it appears the pump is bad again. Will be the 2nd time pump has failed. Out of warranty now on the emissions and looking for other options. Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes I deleted my 2015 s78 this year. Took the engine ecm into dealer and did a delete for me. The monitor shows def fluid as 1/2 full all the time but I drained the tank. Seems to work with no problems. I lost a day to frustrating emission failures. My old s77 never gave me a minutes trouble with emissions and is still going strong from my understanding

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes. I have an independent Agco dealer who sends them to Pentagon equipment which is also an Agco dealer. They told me they have done over 20 deletes on Massey and Gleaner combines. Apparently they program the ecm over the internet in Europe.

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
Not too sure how long Agco will tolerate one of their dealers doing that, time will tell. However, I will say this: you don't necessarily have to remove the ECU, there is most likely a way to program that ECU through the diagnostic port to achieve your desired result. Where are you Silverluv?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am from Rosebud Alberta. I don’t want to get my dealer in trouble so I won’t mention them by name but there parts and service are second to none. But like I said they were not doing it directly but rather sending the ecm’s up to Pentagon Equipment. Agco must spend millions of dollars on emissions warranty so I should be saving them money and making my combine more reliable at the same time. Hope Agco leaves them alone. It cost me $2500 and took 15 minutes to do.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Yes I deleted my 2015 s78 this year. Took the engine ecm into dealer and did a delete for me. The monitor shows def fluid as 1/2 full all the time but I drained the tank. Seems to work with no problems. I lost a day to frustrating emission failures. My old s77 never gave me a minutes trouble with emissions and is still going strong from my understanding
with a delete everything is left as is concerning the def? anyone mention if the converter that the def is pumped into plugging like the old catalytic converts do on cars and trucks? or is it a non issue

I'm going to get my 9540 done before harvest next year, still undecided if I'll get the hp upped at the same time.. Did u get the hp increased?

·
Registered
58 Posts
For silverluv on agtalk about straw go on youtube and write "gleaner paille"(straw in french) you will see how to get big straw windrow with a gleaner

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks like the straw spreader is still on. Running slower. I would be afraid I would plug the chute if I slowed it way down.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Short paddle flush at the round plate and reverse sens rotation by switching the hydraulic hose and dont matter about plugging the discharge.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So basically by reversing the motor your fluffing it back into the curtain? Then it falls off fluffy like that? Anything done different in the rotor? What about chopper. You have an impellar?

·
Registered
103 Posts
We have put a smaller spinner on and slowed motor to 50 rpm and it made a decent windrow to bale. That was in pea straw and barley that was snowed on and way ripe. Mind you, you need to have a good baler.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Fine cut chopper on slow speed counter knife removed and spreader 110 to 150 rpm made good fluffy windrow barley wheat oats ... only 25 foot header in 80 bushel wheat with medium straw

1 - 18 of 18 Posts