The Combine Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me an idea of how much def a 2011 760 would use in average day ( 10 hours ) I would probably lean towards doing some sort of delete but my understanding is on the Cat engines this is not a simple process .

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
None at all. They didn’t have DEF

Fairly easy to modify the exhaust if you wanted is what I’ve heard.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
No. They didn’t get def till dynamic cooling machines. 2014 on the 760. They just used DPF on cat engines. The first couple
Years might have not used DEF either I can’t remember when we were looking at combines.

·
Registered
552 Posts
It’s easy to get rid of the DPF. My guy used ALT Tune and I believe it cost around 4K. Cats aren’t cheap to tune

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
From what everyone is saying it definitely doesn't have def and may not have dpf . I don't have the machine home yet but how would I be able to tell if it has DPF ? Edit . Since Don was nice enough to get my build sheet I took the engine no. from it and did a search . It wouldn't tell me if it had dpf or not but I found the same engine no. back as far as 2008 on a 590

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a 2013 760 and it has a dpf. No Def. Have considered getting it deleted and best estimates in southern Alberta is $2500. Going to ask more questions when it warms up.

·
Registered
196 Posts
My 2015 760tt has DEF. This was my first piece of equipment with DEF. Usage was a lot lower than I thought it would be. I can go for three or four days before worrying about topping off the DEF tank. No shortage of HP and really easy on fuel with a Stienbourer box.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys I'm getting quite optimistic that it has no dpf either .

·
Super Moderator
4,681 Posts
Early 780’s has the V8 16.2 Mercedes, no epf but def 85 L tank @ 5% of fuel use.
8800 has L6 15.6 Mercedes, has epf and def 110 L tank @ 2.8% of fuel use.
So less def attention needed but still need it.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
The newer 780 we ran this year along side our V8 780 burned exactly the same amount of DEF.:LOL:

·
Super Moderator
4,681 Posts
The newer 780 we ran this year along side our V8 780 burned exactly the same amount of DEF.:LOL:
No epf on either though. That the right acronym for exhaust particulate filter?
That big square box up beside the engine anyway, whatever that is.
This one:
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Automotive exterior Composite material

As you can see the advantages to it just keep on coming!

Didn’t go this quality air cleaning route until the sea greens.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
It would be DPF. Diesel particulate filter.
Our V8 780 try’s to burn itself up every year even without it.
The dynamic cooling works good but it needs more airflow across the engine bay to keep a majority of the dust off the hot parts.

·
Super Moderator
4,681 Posts
It would be DPF. Diesel particulate filter.
Our V8 780 try’s to burn itself up every year even without it.
The dynamic cooling works good but it needs more airflow across the engine bay to keep a majority of the dust off the hot parts.
Thank you, thought I had the acronym wrong.
Only did this once in three seasons, after one season of Dynamic cooling every hot enough object to ignite anything was wrapped in that silver heat blanket…except the DPF when it came around.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts