The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so we have a 9430 john deere with a 6600 degelman dozer blade on the front. Looking to trade for a 9560R and would like to keep my blade. Rep is telling us that we cant put the 6600 blade on a 9560r, (i cant possibly imagine why). Just looking at the bottom side of the tractors everything looks very similar where the mounting plates all bolt on. The tractor is not on the lot right now so i cant go do any measuring. I figured worst case i would need to get new mounting plates for the R series tractor and still be able to use my dozer. Wondering if anyone has came across this or has tried to mount an older blade to the R series tractors? We do not need a big 6 way hydraulic blade as we just use the blade for moving snow, cleaning some corells and small amounts of dirt work here and there.

·
Registered
185 Posts
You can go to Degelman website and build a blade. I tried it and not even the blade was the same part number for each tractor as the 6600 isn't listed for the newer tractor, just the 6900. Not saying you can't make it fit as I've fit many blades but they don't make the parts to fit it. But for only the low low sum of $49000 you can have a new blade. WOW

·
Registered
49 Posts
No it won't. I went from a 9430 to a 9560r. 7900 blade. The mounting brakets are completely different. I tried pricing out just the parts i needed from degelman and I was something crazy like $30000. I ended up buying a used 7900 with mounting brackets to fit an R and selling my 7900 for almost the same price. Degelman has a good website and are great to talk too about these sorts of things if u want to call them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks, I have been on there website as well and i just find it hard to believe i couldn't make it work.....my blade is perfectly fine and paid for and i dont feel like spending 40k on a new one just to move snow lol. I see on the degelman website that the mounting brackets for the 7900 are completely different, but wouldn't the mounting brackets from the 9430 fit on the R series? Did you try and mount your blade to the R series before you bought the 7900?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I wanted to do the same thing as you. But the r series have the blade mounts bolted to the bottom of the axle, 30 series don't, if I remember correctly. The mounts are completely different shapes and bolt on in different places. 6600 probably the same. I would call Degelman to verify that.
Search dealers for a used blade, they usually sell the at a reasonable price because they come in on trade but new buyer doesn't want blade. Then they are stuck with a blade that only fits a certain tractor. Sell yours privately for same money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts