The Combine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We are looking to replace double disc. Just using it for fall clean up, unseeded areas or parts that drown out. Sprayer ruts also is a big one. Hoping this might not move so much dirt and leave nicer seed bed.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Sce had a demo unit running around this spring. We used it on some hailed out Lentils and a few sloughs. Worked very good until I got stuck with it. And I wasn't the first, last or worst stuck so I think they parked it. Buries residue well and leaves a nice seedbed while levelling ruts.

Someone south of Mj in the hills was running one last week.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Drove around with a neighbour that demoed one this week. It's leaves a pretty nice finish, some lumps, it is wetter than usual here as well. Said it took a lot of ponies, all a 9630 wanted with 40ft. Handsome price as well. I did like how it left the field though, and worked good in sloughs.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just finished a demo. Smooth discs and rubber packers. My thoughts
Nice field finish.
Large tires work well holding it up in mud.
Its heavy so don't go back and try to get another half pass if you make it out of the mud the first time! Ha

Small sample size but not sure we could do this in the spring and seed into a nice moist firm seedbed unless you are battling excess moisture and need to do this.
Takes HP to pull at 12 mph or better. Had it set around two inches deep. at that depth it did not fill deep ruts from previous stuck events. Did good on minor sprayer ruts.
I should have dropped it deeper to see how it did then.

Did a pretty good job in heavy lodged straw however it will not make up for poor straw management from the combine.
It will not replace a heavy harrow for straw movement.
No problem cutting into extremely hard packed field "road"

One pass through cattail slough will knock it flat, a second pass at right angle has it looking good and ready to seed.
Overall I like.
It,s hard to wrap my head around fall tillage after so many years of moisture conservation. however I think having black soil would have paid off big time for us this spring. Next spring?

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
I bought one this spring. What would you like to know? 40 ft. Notched front and back with the rubber roller packer. Works great. Have noticed a fair bit of wear on the blades this fall but we are hard and dry here
Your demo the previous fall had smooth blades, correct??? Just wondering why you decided to go with the notched blades?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.