The Combine Forum banner

DeKalb 82sc, any thoughts?

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Howie 
#1 ·
Have been growing L233 but thought I might switch it up. We like to straight cut it,

#4 ·
With the lack of summer this year anyone who grew any truflex, lots of acres here, had substantially more issues with high green count, inability to dry down, and subpar yield compared to tried and true 7565 and 7444. Maybe in a year with more heat they might have done better but this past season proved truflex is a dud.

#8 ·
Had the BL81. Where the cutworms didnt get at it and where it actually germed before mid june it did quite well. 1% green and was around 60 bpa. It had poor vigor. So where the stars didnt align it was horrible. But last season was not a good start. You get a good year I think it will be a good canola. I'm growing invigor this year with a few bags of 82sc for a side by side.

#9 ·
I grew the 92SC and was extremely disappointed to say the least, low yield, green seed, 125 days in the ground before swathed and could have used another 5 days! The older 75-65 and 74-44 were good, but I'm changing all acres to Invigor this year. I will NEVER grow another "new and improved" variety again. Tired of being a guinea pig for seed companies, costs me too much when the new varieties don't turn out!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.