The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting tired of paying higher prices in our area for dekalb. 5440 vt2 is $267 5465 is $272 and 5808 is $254 . What is everyone else paying? This is on a 200 unit order. If they don't come down I am finding something else. I have been with them a long time. sw Mn

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Without breaking it all apart and using all double pros we're around $220/unit with 0% financing until Nov 2020. There's 3 of us that pool our order so probably 500 ish total units.

I see a USA flag, where are you located?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Without breaking it all apart and using all double pros we're around $220/unit with 0% financing until Nov 2020. There's 3 of us that pool our order so probably 500 ish total units.

I see a USA flag, where are you located?
southwest minnesota by marshall

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Do you have any family or neighbors you can pool with? Its a horseshit way to have to do it but that's the way we have to play it. There is a lot of room to play with your prices, there's no reason volume should be that big of a play.

Don't be brand loyal either. Switching could get you better prices, shopping could get you a better DKC price even, or shop DKC dealers.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Just curious if either of you have looked into FBN and their corn seed? From what I have heard (take with a grain of salt as I am Canadian and heard via grapevine) they are selling corn for $99/bag and causing a lot of ripples in the seed industry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts