The Combine Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone running John Deere TruSet depth control on a Versatile? I have been told that it can be done with a completing kit while running a 2630 display. Was also told a Deere valve can be installed to run auto steer?

Anyone go from a Deere 9Rt to a Delta? Any feedback welcomed. Hard not to look at the delta seriously for the price difference.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I was told you can buy a controller for just the tru set for older or non compatible tractors. Seems to me it was like 1500$ American if I remember right

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
You can install a Deere autotrac controller in a Versatile, you need to fab up your own brackets for the angle sensor so you need someone thats willing to make it work. Its been done before.

·
Registered
17 Posts
We currently run a vers on wheels and have full JD autotrac run with 2630..GVE in killarney put it in for us. Its built off the case platform.. It works ok but its not as smooth as ones in JD tractors.. As per your question about the delta trac we demoed one this fall and I was not impressed at all. We r looking to trade to tracks and I know it will not be the delta. It was so ruff in the field I wouldn't be able to sit in it all day, and even worse on road. Didn't have cab suspension tho. Other than that I like the versys. Also tried a quadtrac and JD two track. Really liked both of them and not sure what way to go..JD was quietest and smoothest but quad was pretty nice too..

·
Registered
10 Posts
can you guys give me some people to call? im currently trying to put a 2630 into a 2014 550DT and am having trouble finding any info on it, I've asked my local deere dealer and they didn't know anything about it. My tractor is vpas ready, and has the raven steer valve in it. It seems that i should be able to change the steer node and be off to the races.

Thanks!

·
Registered
53 Posts
FarminHD Agra-GPS has a bridge box and harness kits for Versatile tractors. We have a 2630 in our Delta and it uses the auto steer button on the arm rest. We built a bracket to mount the JD 3000 Reciever on the cab. Dealer mounted it with 2 magnets but it wasn’t that strong we didn’t think. Check them out at Agra-GPS Ltd.

·
Registered
2 Posts
FarminHD Agra-GPS has a bridge box and harness kits for Versatile tractors. We have a 2630 in our Delta and it uses the auto steer button on the arm rest. We built a bracket to mount the JD 3000 Reciever on the cab. Dealer mounted it with 2 magnets but it wasn’t that strong we didn’t think. Check them out at Agra-GPS Ltd.
hey I was wondering what you did to utilize the Armrest button I also installed the Kit recently and it does not seem to work. does the light on the arm rest come on if you try to without anything else or are there some prerequisites?

·
Registered
15 Posts
hey I was wondering what you did to utilize the Armrest button I also installed the Kit recently and it does not seem to work. does the light on the arm rest come on if you try to without anything else or are there some prerequisites?
Where you able to get your system working? Just installed bridge into dt570 and is working pretty good. Also using the iso to communicate to out jd aircart, rate controller, and blockage systems. So far so good

·
Registered
2 Posts
Where you able to get your system working? Just installed bridge into dt570 and is working pretty good. Also using the iso to communicate to out jd aircart, rate controller, and blockage systems. So far so good
Yes I was able to get the kit to work I didn't realize the "front axle or rear axle steering" was what changed the profile of the tractor to and from a front wheel assist or a articulated. so I just told the screen it's a R version series tractor from the machine type drop down and the buttons didn't work because the screen was looking for that input for the auto steer from that series tractor. Long story short I went back into the machine setup made a new machine and told it the correct axle for the steering axle and the correct stuff showed up and buttons worked flawlessly.

I do however have a problem where I cannot split screen my Virtual Terminal on the Versatile Factory monitor. I want to monitor tractor functions and the Amity air cart we run on the same screen but that seems like thats a software problem using the Factory Versatile screen in that fashion. I can control the cart just fine with the Virtual Terminal in the Versatile screen on the armrest just cannot monitor both things at once like I'd want to. I guess there is a way to tie into the iso at the base of the seat according to the 3 paragraphs in the manual so you could run A Separate monitor for like a air drill but I'm not sure what the wiring harness is or looks like to tie into or who to get ahold of. Or if it's even actually possible.

Do you use your Deere screen for controlling your steering and drill? If so do you know who you got your bridge kit from and was there anything extra involved???

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes I was able to get the kit to work I didn't realize the "front axle or rear axle steering" was what changed the profile of the tractor to and from a front wheel assist or a articulated so I just told the screen it's a R version Tractor it's in and the buttons didn't work because the screen was looking for that input for the autosteer. Long story short I went back into the machine setup and told it the rear axle was the steering axle and the correct stuff showed up.

I do however have a problem where I cannot split screen my Virtual Terminal making it so I can monitor tractor functions and the Amity air cart we run. Some software thing. I can control the cart just fine with the screen on the armrest just cannot monitor both things at once like I'd want to. I guess there is a way to tie into the iso at the base of the seat according to the 3 paragraphs in the manual so you could run your stock screen door like a air drill but I'm not sure the wiring harness or who to get ahold of. Or if it's even actually possible.

Do you use your Deere screen for controlling your steering and drill? If so do you know who you got your bridge kit from and was there anything extra involved???
Yes, we use our 2630 display to steer and control/communicate with our aircart and greenstar liquid rate controller. So, we purchased the kit from agragps through our local claas dealer. The kit came with two harness. The in cab harness has two wires that branch off with two terminator (s) at the end. After installing the kit, it seemed odd that were not tied into the tractor system. (No mention of it in the installation manual) so at first it didn't communicate... So we plugged it into the tractors iso connectors behind the back window panel marked (iso)... Then on our 2630, we set that monitor to primary monitor or VT 1 and the delta track armrest display to VT 3. It was originally set the other way around. I wanted everything to go through our 2630 for simplicity sake. Otherwise there would be a constant problem on the canbus system fighting for priority in the system. Now everything is like it was in our john deere.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes I was able to get the kit to work I didn't realize the "front axle or rear axle steering" was what changed the profile of the tractor to and from a front wheel assist or a articulated so I just told the screen it's a R version Tractor it's in and the buttons didn't work because the screen was looking for that input for the autosteer. Long story short I went back into the machine setup and told it the rear axle was the steering axle and the correct stuff showed up.

I do however have a problem where I cannot split screen my Virtual Terminal making it so I can monitor tractor functions and the Amity air cart we run. Some software thing. I can control the cart just fine with the screen on the armrest just cannot monitor both things at once like I'd want to. I guess there is a way to tie into the iso at the base of the seat according to the 3 paragraphs in the manual so you could run your stock screen door like a air drill but I'm not sure the wiring harness or who to get ahold of. Or if it's even actually possible.

+17805669365 is product support number I called for assistance. Nice guy... Walked us through the hyd setup. He was in Alberta cdn.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did you have to do anything else. Where is this setting for the vt 1 and vt3
Deere 2630/6000. Agra gps system got terminators out and hooked into tractor drill works on my screen. Have signal but lost my steering wheel and engage button on console doesn’t work

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Make sure hydraulic function button is on.

I seem to have lost my ISObus VT on my 4640. Any ideas??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes hyd is turned on. It shows me on screen road mode and everything. I did a reboot and got the steering wheel back- when I turn on hyd it colours a piece of the pie. Touch wheel to turn that on. I will have all 3 blue
Wouldn’t even try engaging with the button on console. Did a reboot again and managed to get it to engage so I made a pass and it engaged and steered. Turned around at end and would just kick out right away ( shows on screen @ that’s it’s steering then kicks out back to 3 pieces shaded

going to unplug iso bus drill and clear screen and start fresh reloading it all

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes hyd is turned on. It shows me on screen road mode and everything. I did a reboot and got the steering wheel back- when I turn on hyd it colours a piece of the pie. Touch wheel to turn that on. I will have all 3 blue
Wouldn’t even try engaging with the button on console. Did a reboot again and managed to get it to engage so I made a pass and it engaged and steered. Turned around at end and would just kick out right away ( shows on screen @ that’s it’s steering then kicks out back to 3 pieces shaded

going to unplug iso bus drill and clear screen and start fresh reloading it all
Seems I have lost the Agra gps icon. That disappeared when I plugged in the iso is extension in cab (removed 2 terminators and hooked in to tractor

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well it works
Deleted and put back to way we got it.
It loaded the Agra gps so I did left and right cal
Shut off Then added the iso harness to it and turned back on
Then plugged in the iso for drill to tractor
All works and steers
Only complaint that I have to figure out. Have to push button on console to dis engage to steer it. Turning wheel doesn’t shut the auto steer off

1 - 18 of 18 Posts