The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Get to demo an 8010 tomorrow
Got to look it over and mess with a little today. It looks like a good machine. Man it is a giant thou.
We demoed an stx 330 accusteer today with a 7 shank ripper. Case has made some improvements to the accusteer but I still don't think it is up to par yet

·
Registered
809 Posts
Re: DEMO 8010 AND STX330 ACCUSTEER

I was loaned a STX tractor that had accusteer on it. I tried out the accusteer a little bit, it was like driving a snake thru the field. Other than maybe for cultivating, why would anyone want that on a tractor? I plant corn with an articulated tractor that doesn't have accusteer and have no problems.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts

I hear you.....im not makeing fun of anyone who wants to buy one or own won

But seriously.....our 325 pulls pretty dang good

if i put a old 6 bottom plow on it i might have a hard time makeing the next swath but there's just something wrong with that picture

im not calling anyone stupid or dissing anyone here but i think i have a point..

hope i didn't offend anyone lol

also if you do have that set up....thats okay...too

your just kinda weird

P.S. (can you make the turn???) haha

·
Registered
809 Posts

I don't know that much about autosteer, could you explain what your system will do. Is it an RTK system? You get it from a local imp dealer? How's the support for your system been.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts

Also...i know the big push is RTK and sub centimeter if not perfect accuracy

but do you really need that???

I used one of the first case lightbars made (trimble) and a old antenna and map and planted beans and i had zero gaps....

thats even with slightly hilly terrain....

whats your opinion on that?

also i see there is some GPS thats a notch below RTK but you don't need a base station and looks pretty accurate....

wouldn't that work for most people?

Just curious

1 - 6 of 6 Posts