The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
It's a crazy world mgmg91. Cattle producers in Queensland are doing it extremely tough as well because of the exact opposite reason-crippling drought. And yet the stories are similar, trying to look after the stock you have, manage depleting feed and rising debt, while trying to your chin up. Tough gig. I guess on a more positive note, at least our cricket side is winning.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha Auscocky at least your cricket team is winning not so great news to us it's crazy thinking of drought there and so much water here it's just started raining across the whole uk again

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
talked to a buddie in the uk today forcast anther inch tonight a day off then anther inch sunday he said there crops are ok yet but flood plains are buggerd

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yer the rain just keeps coming every 2 or 3 days heavy rain 80mph winds coming in from the Atlantic most flood plain crops are ruined now same with there grazing land up north in my area we have bigger lakes in the fields than ive ever known but nothing like down south

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
yeah not good good thing you have the option of a spring crop when we had it here in 2010 2011 we have only one chance spring cropping thats it so there is a bright side i know lost seed and time ptting it in again but not all lost like we had it in them years

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yer sadly for a lot of people this year I don't think spring will be an option with floods still rising and more rain coming

1 - 7 of 7 Posts