The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the details of MachineryLink leases? Specifically a Class 6 or 7 JD or CaseIH combine? Do they offer both? Cost or any other details? TIA

·
Registered
187 Posts
Re: Details and cost of combine from MachineryLink

We had a 3 year contract with machinerylink, 2005-2007. We mainly had 2388's but we also had a 9660 sts when they couldn't deliver a 2388 on time. I would recommend that you stay clear of machinerylink. The first 2 yrs I had no complaints. This last year was a disaster. The combine was not delivered on time, it was the wrong combine, and for the fall they never delivered a combine, we had to get one from a dealer. The real kicker is that they didn't even call to tell me that it wasn't going to be there on time. I called them to make sure it was going to be here on time and they said maybe in a week or two. I could have has all the beans cut in 10 good days! So we got out of our contract and rented one from a local dealer. The salesman and all machinerylink staff were terrible!! No one would return phone calls or give me honest answers on the deliver time. I would advise to stay clear from them. They have really gone downhill recently. The cost depends on how many hours. 100 hour minimum, approximately 130-160 dollars per hour depending model and hours used per season. They like to set up 3 year leases.

·
Registered
237 Posts

They went through a front office changeover this past year(from what I hear), and I don't think the results are very impressive! Originally, they were a good outfit, but now not too sure, perhaps they just need to get the kinks worked out currantly?

·
Registered
2,428 Posts

I've heard $160.00 per hour and you provide your own head.

·
Registered
187 Posts

Yes, you do have to provide your own heads. They used to also rent out those, but last year they sold all their heads. Machinerylink said it costs to much chasing them around the country.

·
Registered
187 Posts

They raised the price quite a bit since they are struggling. It was originally 120 an hour in 2004. Our local dealer is renting very low houred 2388's that are loaded up for 125 an hour.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts