The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best method to determine when the rubber bushings are needing to be replaced? (an appropriate PM program)

Time from installation? Engine hours? Separator hours? Visual indicators? Make a wild guess?

This would be for a 2004 2388 used on irrigated corn and soybeans.

Is there any particular group of bushings that require more frequent changing than the other or all at the same time?

TIA

·
Registered
50 Posts
I hate down time so if one goes the other directly across from gets replaced also and either replace the rest on rainy day or if its toward the end of the season I wait and replace the rest in the winter. A mechanic that works on combines a lot can tell if they are showing signs of wear, at least the one at our friendly caseih dealer can. Mine, now that you mention it all started getting bad around 2500 hrs., three different combines but that may have been just by chance too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
look for movement in the bushes and rubber missing as for how many hours how long is a piee of string if replacing yourself check the depth of originals as they are not always centered

·
Registered
998 Posts
The lower small bushes on the front of our combines in our conditions are the first to go followed by the inner top rears. If more than half of the bushes show wear, i'd replace the full set and while you've got it apart check your pins, needle rollers and seals on the main shaker pivot arm. It is good practice to run the shaker flat out empty after every season and check for play by looking, hearing or feeling the bushes. As adlar said, the bushes aren't centred. Measure the old ones you take out and put the new ones back in with the same amount sticking out each side of the hanger arm. To save on damaging the bushes CaseIH have a bush installing kit/tool - if you didn't already know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts