The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '98 MY 9610 and a 930 flex head and the dial-a-matic does not work. The head came from auction out of IN and the combine from ON. The header harness mates up to the combine harness but has more pins than the combine harness. 32 pin conn. with 12 pins on the hdr. side & only 9 on the combine side;but the combine also has 6 pin flat conn. with nothing on the header side. The combine has CM which I assume the 6 pin flat conn. is for . The header has no CM sensors yet ; I will have to order them from JD,but DAM should work without CM hooked up.Any ideas where to look? what to check first? The header has a different sensor box than our 920 had much smaller & has 3 holes to postion the pushrod arm to the box shaft. Is this something new? both our 920's had the large box attached directly to flex shaft. TIA Paul

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tom;will this ahh work with the 9610 or do I need to change the box onthe header to the old style?

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
You need to change it back to Dai-A-Matic for the 9610. That means a different bracket on thae rightside for the control box and a wire harness. Your dealer could have a used one and trade with you that they have taken off to install a AHHS system.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Tom;another question to mix in here,why would this be on a 930 head? Did 50 series combines switch to the AHHC system? Also on the combine the harness to the header is setup with a 16-31 pin adapter. I would assume this would be for the AHHC system or contour? The DAM harness would be the 16 pin conn.right? Then do I need a different harness to enable the CM ? I see why you suggest checking for a used harness,that DAM harness is over $1000 from JD.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Customer brought a newer combine that had AHHC and keep his old head, so it was converted.
If you need to get a harness that is DAM and CM together. AH164881 is the number for both together and i think this is the adaptor number BH81642, it dosn't say want pins it has.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thankyou Tom. I spent a bit of time on the phone today calling dealers that may possibly have a used one, no luck so far. Now at least I know what to switchout to make this work properly. Why did JD move from DAM to AHHC? Does it have more features than DAM?
THanks again Tom for your replies. Paul

·
Registered
34 Posts
ontgreen- based on my understanding of your description - you must have a model year 2000-2003 930F header that is set up for a level land JD50 series combine. Like Tom said - this head has the potentiometer for height control rather than the Dial-a-Matic sensor that your combine expects.

The 16 to 31 pin adapter on your combine is not part of the combine - it is just a spare part that was apparently left with it from the previous owner.

Assuming that you want the Contour Master to work as well- you have two choices:

choice #1 - use JD parts...you will need:
-a complete header wiring harness like Tom said
-a Dial-a-Matic height sensor kit
-a Contour Master sensor kit

choice #2... use Headsight parts... you will need
- a conversion box for the height control to allow your combine to read the potentiometer
- a contour master sensor and wiring kit

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks ahcace,we will be converting it back to DAM just hoping to find used harness & DAM box to save a bit of money. The head is '98 I think s/n 677150.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts