The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 7720 combine has a problem with the dialamatic header hieght control. It will work in pos.1 ; in pos.2 it hunts constantly ;pos.3 it does not work at all. I have tried two headers on it,same result I think it must be a problem with the circuit board in the r.h. console. What would cause it to hunt? I have adusted rate of lowering on the valve and it didn't cure the hunting so I think it is an electrical problem. Any help apprcciated,I woul like to get it diagnosed so I can order just the parts I need,these parts are expensive. Thanks

·
Registered
352 Posts
i dont know if this applys or not but one time i had a 9600 do the same thing and i forgot to open the accumulator after i did that it worked fine

·
Registered
361 Posts
I installed a Dial a matic on an 8820 one time and it did that, if you check the circuit board on the header there should be 5 'pads' on the board, check to make sure they switch properly, as in for example position 1 there should be a 'down' pad a 'nuetral' pad, and 3 'up' pads. in position 2 there should be 2 'down' pads one 'nuetral' pad and 2 'up' pads. I hope you follow what i mean, anyway, check to make sure it makes sense on the circuit board first.
On mine I found that the circuit board had a "up" next to a "down" and the header would just jump between those 2.

To make a long story short, the brand new wiring harness that I had installed had been wired wrong on the plug that plugs into the control box, inside on the back side of the dash. I hope this is not your problem as it took me quite a while to track it down, but it is possible it could have been wired wrong. Or is this a problem that just started?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The problem just started; we haven't cut any beans yet this year I was just going over the machines to be ready. I did take all the connectors apart and cleaned them and it is working now;the hunting stopped after I opened the accumulator a couple turns. Thanks guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts