The Combine Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havent been around here in quite a while, sold my Gleaner, 2nd kid was born, life got in the way etc. I always enjoyed reading Dwights posts about his new N6, last i heard he had decided to pack it in and was trying to sell it. Anybody know Dwight or how he is doing these days? He was quite the character, i miss reading about his updates.

·
Super Moderator
4,558 Posts
Dwight’s was last here Sept 6, 2019.
He was having some health issues at the time, we can only hope for the best.
Hopefully still hanging out on the east end of starvation flats!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I believe his son has the machine for sale on a few of the facebook Gleaner groups.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I havent been around here in quite a while, sold my Gleaner, 2nd kid was born, life got in the way etc. I always enjoyed reading Dwights posts about his new N6, last i heard he had decided to pack it in and was trying to sell it. Anybody know Dwight or how he is doing these days? He was quite the character, i miss reading about his updates.
Yep I'm still among the standing, had to reset password etc;, don't know why. Still have my new N6 in shed 4 sale. Had to quit farming due to back problems which caused my right leg to occasionally give out. Not right good when climbing the ladder or working up high. Good way to bust your head or something else that a guy might want to use. Had that happen once and lucky didn't get killed off. Thinking about it I asked the current lady friend if I had croaked would she let another man run my new N6. Assuring me she said no man could ever replace me. Especially on that new N6.. Then as she turned way I heard her mumble "beside he only runs green machines'.
????
A good harvest to all!
Dwight E. Lambert, Albany, Oregon, ( Live and akickn here on the bad end of starvation flats) gov't carpet baggers and liberals ain't got me yet!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Good to hear from you Dwight. I do live in Gleaner country about 70 miles the NE of Pendleton. You don't see many old ones here though. Maybe let Pendleton know as they have dry areas that run those till dead in areas west of them helping be a little closer. My health is down right now trying to recover from the covid pneumonia. Taking longer than I thought. I've got enough projects at this time or I might have been interested. I told my wife to give up on the first Gleaner GH my dad bought on the farm. We had found it and it needs work and they were willing to get it back to the original owners son. I just don't have room. She has already secured a 1954 Chev truck that was one of my dad's early trucks.

Good luck and make sure Farm Equipment Headquarters knows because they have areas running that type of stuff looking to run poor yields and don't want to get into the new stuff. In my area with good yields not many going back to old and we need duals minimum plus RWA. There are a lot of R72's fitting our small farmers needs now.

I mainly deal with the parts department at FEH. Our favorite salesman retired from there about 4 years ago. He now comes up with his travel trailer and drives one of our semi's for harvest. He did help a couple years tending our air drill.

Best of luck Dwight and I'll keep my ear open looking for a home but North Central to NE Oregon would be the most likely area. Maybe try the Eastern Oregon Craigslist. That would hit right in the area that maybe lookin for something you have. The Bend Craigslist is probably too far south.

Again best of luck.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Good to hear from you Dwight!

Do you still frequent the local watering hole you have referred to?
Not so often anymore, places have really changed and I don't 'fit in' as well with the younger group. and the music? that they play nowadays. Guess I've been a gray bearded ******* too long to want to change. Sold both my Harleys so thats out for a ride. My 71 LTD convertible with the Dixie horns always went over big but it's in need of a complete freshup. Still have the new N6 and i've done that before, only one in the bars parking lot. Many years ago rode a friends horse into a bar up by Salem that was the talk around there for some time. That bars gone now and in town and replaced with shopping center and cliff dwellings. Things and times change and I don't. Got to be careful anymore about what a guy does for a little extra fun. Took my Road King in thru a bars back door one time, that was good for a lot of talk and scored a bow legged lady that day for a couple days fun.
Saying is true "over 81 and not having as mutch fun'. Lots of darn good memories tho.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Are you still flying your comanche Dwight?
61-180 and 260C with both needing updates,AD's. Picked up Cherokee for my youngest son to get his PPL, done in 2-21. Picked up 180D IFR for his advance to CPL. Since had a house fire and have had to sell things to build a new one. My flying days are about done and had to stop sons training for now. Sold the 68-140, still have the 68-180D for sale$70,000.
Holed up in whats left of unexplained burned house now, been thru harder times before and will get through this too.
Dwight E. Lambert, Albany, Oregon

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Dwight, good to hear from you!

If you get any potential leads and they are concerned about finding a cornheader, I still have a few for sale in SC Idaho and can deliver.

GlennW, i imagine you can find parts closer, but if its a tipping point in your decision, we do have two GHs parted out at the Idaho farm if you need anything hillside specific. Is your Dad's old GH a hydrostatic?

·
Registered
567 Posts
GlennW, i imagine you can find parts closer, but if its a tipping point in your decision, we do have two GHs parted out at the Idaho farm if you need anything hillside specific. Is your Dad's old GH a hydrostatic?
It was the first year 69 I believe with the first year factory AC cab. It was just the straight 6 292 gas engine with variable speed drive just like the CH. It had a 16 foot header. We traded it mid season in 1976 as reverse went out on it and we had gotten a little more land and pushing it some. The MH was far more stable on the hills and far more power with diesel and a hydro. The MH with the 20 foot header always seemed like the biggest jump in header size although it was only 4 feet. The main reason is the 16 foot was all out the front window while the MH you had to look out the side windows to see the edge of the header.

Thanks fire letting me know about parts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts