The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know they offered the 9750 with the 12.5 liter motor in Canada called the Canadian Special. Did they offer it in the U.S. and if so what did they call it?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Re: Did JD offer the 12.5 l in the 9750 in the U.S

The 12.5l 9750 STS was probably the precursor to the 9860 STS just like the high horsepower, small grains 9860 STS Premium was the precursor to the 13.5l 9870 STS. Neither were intended to be highly marketable machines as much as they were probably only pre-production / durability units that the public actually had to buy so the factory could get a much broader sampling as to what to expect when the actual units go on sale.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

One Canadian Special that I was looking at one day was a 2001 I believe. Someone had stamped the Serial Number plate with an 01 with a circle around the numbers. The 9860 came out in 04 right? That's quite a few years of market research.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

So they didn't offer it in the U.S.?

·
Registered
894 Posts

Quote:So they didn't offer it in the U.S.?

No, not according to any Deere literature. Hence the name "Canadian Special."

·
Registered
778 Posts

When getting parts at the dealer they should even be asking if you have a standard 9750 or Canadian Special 'cause its a separate listing in the parts system. Several of them were sold here in Manitoba. I believe the rotor sheaves and belt are the same as standard 9750 and not larger like the 9860 so they have a slight appetite for belts.

·
Registered
894 Posts

Quote:One Canadian Special that I was looking at one day was a 2001 I believe. Someone had stamped the Serial Number plate with an 01 with a circle around the numbers. The 9860 came out in 04 right? That's quite a few years of market research.

That's right. It's not uncommon for anyone.

Don't think Deere is going to make something just for a single country, for any lengthy period of time, without it being widely accepted elsewhere...they aren't a niche marketer, especially in combine

·
Registered
45 Posts

there was and is a difference in one of the combines for canada and don't remember what it is but they told us at service school in case they migrated south, I believe it is on the 98 something to sense rotor pressure for some reason

1 - 8 of 8 Posts