The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are currently looking at a 90' conveyor with a mover. I was wondering what others experiences or preferences were when it comes to motors on a large conveyor? Is the diesel necessary? Better? I would think the diesel would have more torque. Both engines are 40hp and both are Isuzu engines. The diesel is more money but would it be worth the extra expense? We will be using it for both loading and unloading bins so it will get some use in the winter. We will mainly use it for lentils and soybeans.

·
Registered
193 Posts
The only comment I would have is do you have a way of heating or starting the motor up when it is cold? Judging by the fact you are getting a conveyor, I am assuming you are moving beans or peas which normally won't get moved when it's -30. However, if there is a way to do this, then I would go with a diesel. I have a 35 hp gas on mine and it is hard to start anyway when it gets that cold. The unit uses a lot of gas per hour but it moves about 3x what an auger does so cost per bu is still low.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.