The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to trade for one of them and prices are about the same. What are the differences/advantages of the 8120?

·
Registered
139 Posts
8120 has a little more horsepower compared to an 8010. 8120 has one feeder chain verses two feeder chains on the 8010 and the 8120 has larger drive sprockets . The hydro system has been changed on the 8120 to help with control pressure. The 8120 has a factory option to come with larger feeder house lift cylinders that can be installed on the 8010 after the fact. Cosmeticly the 8120 moved the engine access latter to the back of the machine verses the side like the 8010 and the 8120 is more open on the engine platform. I am sure there are a few other differences but those are the ones that come to mind off the top of my head.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
manyelectronic changes and sensor changes can set spreader from cab and open fan on 8120 much better machine side panels all different feeder chain much better..

·
Registered
111 Posts
O.K. What is the diff in HP between the 08 8010 and 2010 8120? I now have a 08 8010 and I converted the chopper to a Fine Cut. I would like to get the Magna Cut chopper to go on a 8120 I will run with the 8010, but don't want the power drag of the Magna Cut to make the 8120 a dog. I think the Magna will take between 20 to 40 more ponies. Question is how many more does the 8120 have?? I grow allot of high yielding irrigated wheat that can be a bit tough to chop hear in northern Montana's late harvest.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I beleive the 8120 also has a shorter area at the top of the stairs. Something about problems with chaff sitting up there so they shortened it and now wind cleans it off better.

·
Registered
178 Posts
well my 8010 was 375hp with a max of 425hp and now my 8120 is 425hp with a max of 463hp some one will correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
619 Posts
All 20 series are factory auto-guidance ready, no longer an option. Shield changed on the tailings, feeder changes (stripper position, chain slats, top drive sprocket design), unloader swing cylinder larger, unloader spout change (again), double click of shift button on MFH engages the auto-guidance, chopper brg housing RH side improved, rear discharge shields changed, knife bank position monitor for chopper vs rpm setting of chopper. Fan clean out door was mentioned and the service ladder. New options available, engine air compressor system- hyd folding bin extensions, hyd drive unload cross augers (independent operation of the main auger).

·
Registered
472 Posts
When did the air compressor option become available? Never saw that one on the option sheet.
Anyone know when the "iron builder" will be back up for the combines?

·
Registered
809 Posts
I was told CIH is going to move the rear ladder again. Something about the current design is in the way for guys that want to use a system that hooks behind the machine that captures the cobs?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Thanks redhat, I was wondering if you knew when they announced those options. I should have been more specific. We ordered ours in October and never saw it on the option list. The folding bin extensions were mentioned but that was it. Seems like it might be a handy thing to have, hopefully we'll be able to get it added on to our order.

What is the advantage to the hydraulically driven cross augers, can't quite wrap my head around that one. Maybe someone can explain it to me?

·
Registered
627 Posts
never heard of that, but I'm guessing so they shut down first when unloading the grain tank, allowing the unloading tube to clean out better....causing less "dribble" out the spout, or maybe for topping off a load when you can't get grain bin completely empty and don't want to leave the tube full.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I run an 07 8010 and it has the updated spout and grain saver on it that is similar if not identical to the one on the 8120, I think they have solved the problem of the dribbling grain, at least on mine they have. At this time mine is working great in corn and it leaked very little in soybeans.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Good thinking 2rotors, I knew I'd feel dumb!
Maybe that's going to be the solution to the ever changing spout design that never seems to fix the dribbling issue.
It would save some stress on the auger too if you didn't have to leave it full. Could be handy, depending on the price.

·
Registered
627 Posts
well, I can tell you I have an 09 9070 that had the latest greatest spout and it seemed to work ok, but its shorter than the earlier augers cause the grain now comes out the bottom of the tube as opposed to the end, making it difficult for us guys with 40'+ headers to unload on the go. I put on "the extender" by stewart steel and really like it. Not much dribble at all, nice reach and it works great for topping off a truck. Great in windy conditions as well. I know they were kicking around the idea of shutting off the cross augers first.....would be nice for times you fill up something and you're not empty in the tank...like you said, less dribbling and easier on the auger.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
So why doesn't CNH just buy the stewart steel extender ends and save the R and D money for other suff. 2rotors not saying it doesn't work well my point is the OEM's need to take a serious look at some of the aftermarket products and maybe make them standard or optional equipment from the factory, such as the stewart steel extender, PFP rotor, Razor rock beater...and the list goes on. If they put alot these items in at Grand Island they would kill the competition.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts