The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4,799 Posts
I have run many conventional combines over the years and I can tell you that the APS cylinder in front of the main threshing cylinder makes all the difference in the world. We will never buy a combine that the crop flows directly into the main cylinder right out of the feederhouse. I'd go rotory before I did that agian.

· Registered
4,799 Posts
I have run many conventional combines over the years and I can tell you that the APS cylinder in front of the main threshing cylinder makes all the difference in the world. We will never buy a combine that the crop flows directly into the main cylinder right out of the feederhouse. I'd go rotory before I did that agian.

· Registered
4,799 Posts
I meant on a conventional combine. And mostly because of canola with a draper head in cereals they seed smooth enough it wouldn't make as much of a difference. The axial flow does have a beeter in front of the rotor but I don't know if it does much smoothing of the crop flowing in or is strictly for rocks.

· Registered
4,799 Posts
So your combine has no stone trap or just no beater on topof the feederhouse. We domod a 9120 and it definetly had the beater. The rotories don't seem to notice the uneven feeding as bad as some conventional atleast not until night is what I was getting at. Especially in canola.

· Registered
4,799 Posts
Especially with the electronic rotor covers and new rotors not to mention the jetstream cleaning system. There are no fields here greener than the jd fields. Anyone who runs deeres in our area spend twice as much as any other color on the winter inspections. To be honest Deere is losing market share to all the competition with now only the most loyal green guys still running them. The parts here is a lot better than what you are describing although it could still be better. Lexion is still struggling a bit to get a solid dealer network in certain areas but I've never heard of anybody trading in a lexion to buy a deere cause they are throwing over.

· Registered
4,799 Posts
I don't have anything against deere but the truth is almost all the other companies are apparently sold out too. None of them are. I can order a new deere here tommorow or case or NH but yet they are all sold out. there are pockets all over the place where one make kind of runs the show. All I'm saying is in my are and in our conditions deere is losing market share with case picking up most of the slack but lexion and NH are as well. Dealers bought a lot of combines and put peoples names on them because they seen where grain prices were and did not want to come up short if customers wanted machines. This created a shortage and now that prices have dropped there are combines available (atleast there are here). It doesn't matter what color you buy you run a chance of getting a lemon and you are right some belts are not that easy to change, the worst one took us 3 hours, but most are. You should have checked on here before you bought that seat switch cause all you had to do was disconnect it and put a piece of wire in both ends of the connector. I had to do it and it only cost me three inches of wire and it's way better not having it hooked up anyway. If the cts is running good for your that's great and better parts and service are always important hope you get some good yields down there.

· Registered
4,799 Posts
Glad to hear your crops are yielding so good. I'm not sure how much the part is I never asked but I must say that is crazy for a sensor. Over here no one will even mention that it's not fixed properly. We kinda had similar years, we started off really dry too but when it started to rain it didn't stop we had approx. 140% of normal wich is a lot considering we went nearly two months of the growing season with nothing. Overall one of the best years ever if not the very best in Canada. Unfortunatly it's really drove our canola price down. It was a cool year and we struggled to get off the long season crops, corn and flowers. Snow was on the ground for the last three weeks of harvest and we got done near the end of Nov. I've also heard some people rave about the fuel economy theyare getting with their deere and also like you I've heard the neighbor down the road complain about it. Not sure what's going on there. Good luck getting done atleast your wet harvest will ensure good moisture mor the next crop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.