The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The left one is for return to cut and the right one is for the yield monitor. They have two different part numbers. The electrical parts are ALL identical. They are built so when you flip the housings over they will go on either side and seem to be identical. So what is the difference. Even on 2588's they list different part numbers for each side. THe reason I am asking is my yield monitor one shot craps and i have a new return to cut one on hand. Why can't I just flip it upside down and use it?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the mounting is the same and the actual pot and wire and plug are the same so I am at a loss as to why the whole assemblies are numbered different

·
Registered
560 Posts
the pots essentially work backward of each other. If you mount your RTC pot where the AFS pot should go, and hook it up without any additional jerry-rigging, it will not work. You can try it if you don't believe me. If you want your RTC pot to work in place of the AFS pot, you'll need to mount it backwards (flip the mounting bracket to the opposite side of the feederhouse), so that you're using the correct portion of the resistive strip.

·
Registered
80 Posts
i have had trouble with my pro 600 with the head working height. it counts acres all the time. when i lift the head on the end it will quit counting for a couple seconds and then go back to counting acres before i lower head below the calibrated height. do i also need to change the pot on the right side of the FH?

·
Registered
560 Posts
05 2388? If you had it updated May 2010 it should have the latest v25 in it, which is good. If you mean May 2009, then it would have v21 and you should get it updated to v25 when you get a chance.

If it cuts off your acre counting when you raise the head, and then kicks it back in without you lowering the head, I would guess you have either a faulty pot or a wiring issue somewhere between the pot and the YMIU (gold box behind the RH service door). You can put an ohmmeter on that pot and check to see if it is good or not. Your dealer can get the specs for you or can do the tests if you don't want to.

You can also check to make sure your stop height is calibrated correctly - Toolbox > Header. If your Max Working Height is calibrated close to the top of the feederhouse travel, try dropping it a little bit so that you have more room above the Max Working Height.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts