The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked up all of new Gleaner models on gleanercombines.com and I used the AGCO Compare to see the difference between each model, and there wasn't a single difference between the three models except for the engine. This was the only difference that I could find. So, I was wondering what in what situations would you want to get the S68 or the S78 or the S88? I am just trying to figure out what size of combine would be good for our operation. We currently run a Gleaner R62, but it really doesn't have enough power to climb some of the hills that we have. It is a good machine but we are looking to upgrade. We run on some pretty steep hills, and we would be cutting between 5,000-10,000 acres depending on what happens with us this year.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Depends on what your ego says, a 78 and an 88 are only 20hp apart on the max, (close to that I think). If you are running a 62, the 68 is about 100 HP more, and the 78 is another 50hp..
The 78 would be the choice, the 7 cylinder is really smooth and gives u the better resale I would expect from the larger combine.
Get a demo first, but I don't think there is much weight difference between the 68-78-88.

If you don't feel the need to go that new.. I would say an R75-r76 may be an option.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.