The Combine Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New user here so forgive me if this question has already been answered before.

We're looking at updating our combine next year and I was wondering what's the difference between the late model 8010's (07-08 year models) and the 8120's.

I do know that they mad a slight horsepower bump and moved rear ladder to a much better location, but are there any other significant improvements?

Any ideas or opinions would be great.

·
Registered
657 Posts
the 8120 has not changed very much you already mentioned the two main things hp. and ladder the 8120 comes with a spring loaded feeder house drum to keep chain tight, also has a cleanout door for your cleaning fan, 8120 also was available with the electric grain bin extension fold which is nice but not all of them had it. as far as the rest of the machine not any real big changes as far as capacity over the 08. i would say though if you could get a 8120 at a good price i would probably go that way.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey nodakfarmer,
You have to be careful when they tell you the feeder chain is "spring loaded". It can be with slight modifacation. There are some issues with the cooler box and air filter plugging with dirt and straw on the new 8120's there is a fix for it if done correctly. I am currently working on a couple of different fixes. This has been ongoing since the 10 series of 07-08 till present time. There is also a minor leak on the feeder houses that is easily plugged mostly noticable in canola flax and wheat crops. There are not any major changes from the 08 to the current 8120 other than HP and the new style feeder chain. They are both d**n good machines and would recomend either one. If there are any more questions drop me a line.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Oh yeah forgot to mention the control pressure issue has been resolved for a couple of years now. the electric folding bin covers have had issues.

·
Registered
657 Posts
what do you mean cnhservicetech by you saying they can be spring loaded with modifacation. we added the spring loaded drum on a 8010 it came as a kit. why would some of them not be spring loaded i guess i dont understand what your talking about. please explain this for me thanks

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
i think late 08, or early 09 , case came out with spring tensioner for front drum, gotta weld a tab on each side to strenghten feeder tensioner, think they updated again, were some issues with bolts bending, in 08 i think went to heavier front drum shaft, i believe there is a kit to change complete drum out, scott.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If the price of each chain is $800 to CaseIH that would mean they gave away 12,500 chains. That sounds like a lot of free chains to me. Maybe I can can get one if we have a problem with our chain.

·
Registered
657 Posts
we added the drum kit on our 07 8010 case offered it as a kit it was 1400 dollars for the kit it came witha new drum and everthing to do it we are happy with it keeps the chain tight and works good.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Air box

Hey nodakfarmer,
You have to be careful when they tell you the feeder chain is "spring loaded". It can be with slight modifacation. There are some issues with the cooler box and air filter plugging with dirt and straw on the new 8120's there is a fix for it if done correctly. I am currently working on a couple of different fixes. This has been ongoing since the 10 series of 07-08 till present time. There is also a minor leak on the feeder houses that is easily plugged mostly noticable in canola flax and wheat crops. There are not any major changes from the 08 to the current 8120 other than HP and the new style feeder chain. They are both d**n good machines and would recomend either one. If there are any more questions drop me a line.
What are your fixes for the air box and filter plugging? Thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
Also on the 8120's you can stop the cross augers and clean out the unloading auger if for some chance you don't get the hopper empty, so you don't have to fold in a full auger.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts