The Combine Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Pictures of ours from last fall. Its an older DMI 527, they became Case IH some years back already and updated versions are still built, along with other models. That square tube sticking out to the side was not factory, previous owner had mounted an extra shank on each side but they didn't run quite as deep and had no leveler disks behind them so we took them off. Very common machine around here, they replaced most of the plows for working corn ground.

It has 5 shanks spaced 27 inches apart, ours has 7 inch tiger points with the replaceable tips. Can be pulled by a tractor as small as 180 HP but goes a lot faster with the 280 HP 9150.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Forgot to upload a picture of the actual point...

The bottom part is the point, above it is the moldboard, angel wing, or whatever they call it. Some have a small shank guard instead so it won't bury as much.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Ok I got ya now, I pulled one a bit similar to that in college but it was so wet the only thing left on it was the shanks, down east of Breckenridge MN. I was off on my thinking, a bone head here was showing me a pic of a disk plough (had no idea such a thing existed, it had big disc blades in place of the mold boards) he wanted to buy just the other day, I cant wrap my head around why someone would want a plough but I understand a ripper especially with them sugar beets, aint no amount of frost going to break up the compaction from that mess of trucks cruising around a field.

Our farm has been no-till since the early eighties when dad bought his first no till drill called a yielder (big pile of scrap iron)

The last couple years have been wet around here and everyone thinks they are a tillage expert now, even we bought a Great Plains turbo till last week, pretty impressed already but we are keeping it to only what needs work to get seeded

·
Registered
9,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Here is that petrified wood I dug up, I have an 86" rock bucket and there was only about 5-6" left over, I landscaped down a 14 foot ravene and I had chiseled it up once I pushed it down with the skidder and I went back to touch up a spot and when I hit it I stopped deader than a door nail

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Them things have my interest but man I was told they took quite a price hike but I do have a couple of questions about them,

What are they rated for such as tilt capacity, I have a 333e Deere that has small pay loader like capacity and a mad man behind the sticks. I have never got to look at one up close as to bearing size

Can share some pics of the bearing and some of the build of it?

How is it holding up to that Terrex ASV skidder
They have a 4,5 '' hub which is rated for 20 000lbs! ....so your "mad man" will have a hard time;)

No problem at all on the Terrex or any other machine!

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have 10 inch shovels on my deep tiller and it works good for ripping up land, but the odd time it does not want to go into the ground I just pick up and set it back down and it goes in. Proabley should have used a 6 or 8 inch shovel.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts