The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First off, sorry for the unusual thread. I do not own a combine or plan on buying one.

I am a 3D artist. If you don't know what that means, that's okay; just think of me as an artist.

I am starting a photo-realistic 3D farm scene on my computer, and I want to build a Case-IH 9230 combine harvester. (I am not building a real one, in case anyone is confused.) I have found many good images of these beautiful machines, but I cannot find any information about the physical dimensions. (How tall is it? How long? What is the size of a 16-row corn head?) If there is anybody that knows anything about the size of this or similar Axial-Flow models, please let me know. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for replying.

I may end up buying a scale model, farmer 4 ever, if it comes to that. Thanks!
And thanks pioneer. I had looked at caseih.com, but I hadn't noticed a link to the combine brochure. It has some information on the wheelbase, sizes of some different parts, etc. I can at least start out with that. I was afraid to just wing it because that rarely comes out looking good.

I also found this, which has good close-up photos of lots of parts.

I will search some more and try to find some dimensions on the vehicle itself.

Thanks for bearing with me! I figured you would know more about this than people on 3D forums.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you farmerjones! It may be a John Deere, but it will help me get the placements of parts right! If anybody has found similar images of a Case IH, please post them!
There are a couple of farmers that live close to me who have some Case combines. They look so awesome! I always watch them finish harvesting the field behind our yard from about 40 feet away. I don't know if they would want to show me their manual, and I really don't even know if I will try asking anyone...

And yes, when I finish, I will be sure to reward you all with some pretty renders! After I make the combine, I want to make some fields, a barn, farmhouse, etc. Hopefully, you will see something within a month.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.