The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
937 Posts
Has anyone successfully direct headed canola with a John Deere 936 D header front. Can't seem to get it right. Cheers.
We do a fair bit but you have to have a good top auger. Also mine was very poor as the draper were too slow, we replaced the drive pump under the gearbox at the left hand side which improved it. And we also windrow the heavier half of our program and only direct head the poorer crops.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We do a fair bit but you have to have a good top auger. Also mine was very poor as the draper were too slow, we replaced the drive pump under the gearbox at the left hand side which improved it. And we also windrow the heavier half of our program and only direct head the poorer crops.
Bloody marvellous Ozzie! Thanks mate. I think that's all there is left to do. We have good top augers but may need to plumb them onto the reel motor so we have more reliable flow. Thoughts?

· Registered
937 Posts
Bloody marvellous Ozzie! Thanks mate. I think that's all there is left to do. We have good top augers but may need to plumb them onto the reel motor so we have more reliable flow. Thoughts?
Yes mine is plumbed through the real motor circuit with a manually adjusted flow control. Also the centre bearing section of my top augers was a crap setup (conquest) and caused a lot of wrapping. I modified it with mostly good results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts