The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having a little trouble getting a clean canola sample from our 9860's. just wondering what settings other people are running and if you are using any seperator grates. any suggestions would be helpful. thanks

·
Registered
778 Posts
What's your rotor speed? Should be 450-500. Small wire concaves, no fillers front or rear, concave clearance 20-25, fan 750-800, chaffer 12, sieve 4. Settings depend on conditions too. Are you in swath or straight cutting?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Sorry to butt in, but I just made the switch from red to green so I'm lurking around trying to find out settings. I won't be doing any more canola this year, but that rotor speed is quite a bit slower than what we run in a 2188. I was at 670 during the afternoon and around 600 mornings and evenings. If there that much difference between the two on rotor speed, I wonder what else is different?

·
Registered
129 Posts
ddbeau,

We're similar. 400 rotor, 12 to 14 top 2 to 4 bottom. 670 to 800 fan. If canola straw is tough we have been running concave up to 14 because some of the soft pods were not getting thrashed. The sample is not perfect but not too bad either. No plates.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all the suggestions.we are running 480 rotor, 850 fan, 24 concave, 14 top, 2-4 bottom.we installed 2 rows of cover plates on the right and 3 rows on the left. seems to be better.had a chance to run a 9870 yesterday with our 9860's. sample was about the same and it had a little more capacity

·
Registered
192 Posts
Very dry Canola we ran 360-420 rotor 48 concave 750 fan 17 chaffer 2-7 sieve depending how clean u want it.3 rows on left and 2 on right.Also raise left side auger extestion on auger bed to get a more even flow of material to chaffer and sieve.accelerator in low.loss was 3/4 bpa and lower.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Thanks, as well for the tips, as I started doing canola yesterday "custom work with pretty new to me 9660sts" and was also wondering about the kind of capacity I should see. Really dry canola so I may have had rotor speed a little high, chaffer and sieve settings similar to whats been posted. Canola running between 38 and 50 bushel, with a fairly good but I wouldn't say real heavy 30ft swath. It seems like my losses don't seem to drop much if I slow down, so I'm running mostly between 5 and 6 mph. Your comments appreciated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts