The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been researching disk rippers and was curious if some people could shed some light on the following machines. Brillion Land Commander 3, Landoll 2211, Sunflower 4412 and 4630, Case IH 870/875 and Krause Dominator.

I really like the near shank spacing on the Brillion and the Landoll. We have a Brillion 9 shank on 15" spacing but need something bigger.

What about running straight points versus winged points? We run just straight points. Could we get the same effect if we ran a disk ripper like the sunflower 4630 or case 870 with winged points as we do with our brillion running straight points?

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Sunflower 4610/4630 rippers are great. We run the shanks at 16" deep and the 28" disks at 8" deep. Need a lot of ponies to pull them though. Very big and heavy frame. They can till about as fast as you can pull them, I was at a demo a while back and they were pulling a 4610 9 shank 8-9 MPH with a Versatile 550DT. I would highly recommend one.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I don't know how you intend to use your disc ripper.

For my situation, I have ran both a Case disc-ripper-disc & a Great Plains Turbo Chisel (parabolic shanks) in the same field. I use the machine in the Spring. My use is for incorporating dry fertilizer, shattering the hardpan, and preparing a seedbed for the potato planters to follow. I also pull a Sterling Soil Conditioner behind my tillage machine. The Great Plains did a much better job of accomplishing the above tasks. The planter operator's much preferred planting behind the Great Plains.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Sunflower 4610/4630 rippers are great. We run the shanks at 16" deep and the 28" disks at 8" deep. Need a lot of ponies to pull them though. Very big and heavy frame. They can till about as fast as you can pull them, I was at a demo a while back and they were pulling a 4610 9 shank 8-9 MPH with a Versatile 550DT. I would highly recommend one.
What size of sunflower do you have and what tractor do you pull it with? Do you run winged points?

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.