The Combine Forum banner

1521 - 1540 of 2024 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Took a video of mapping issue.
Computer is here in my home office, and arduino is in my John Deere. So they are not connected right now :D

I might found the solution for the speedometer issue. Decimals were delimited by comma in my computer. Changed that to period. I'll try tomorrow if that helped.
(Fun fact: had similar problem with Lefebure GPS 10 years ago. Comma->period was the solution.)

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,522 (Edited)
Took a video of mapping issue.
https://youtu.be/t4ClyXfPq3s
Computer is here in my home office, and arduino is in my John Deere. So they are not connected right now :D

I might found the solution for the speedometer issue. Decimals were delimited by comma in my computer. Changed that to period. I'll try tomorrow if that helped.
(Fun fact: had similar problem with Lefebure GPS 10 years ago. Comma->period was the solution.)

You must have your workswitch enabled. Last tab on vehicle settings. I never spent much time making sure it worked for at least 2 years, but i think it still works. It completely ignores the buttons, the only thing workswitch does is turns mapping on off if enabled. If you want to use buttons again, turn off workswitch.

There is a speedometer issue?

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,523
First run with AOG...
Work switch acts strange. Doesn't map when on. But when switched off, it draws straight the area between on and off point. Took a video of it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rco4AKr6u9s

Connected work switch to D4 just like in auto steer button-scheme. In AOG settings work switch is told to connect to D2. I quess D4 is right?

P.S. Speed says 0km/h all the time...

If speedo says 0, you are probably not getting a VTG signal. GGA doesn't have speed value. You can also just use RMC.

·
Registered
788 Posts
You must have your workswitch enabled. Last tab on vehicle settings. I never spent much time making sure it worked for at least 2 years, but i think it still works. It completely ignores the buttons, the only thing workswitch does is turns mapping on off if enabled. If you want to use buttons again, turn off workswitch.

if you are working in your office goto settings>vehicle>workswitch und uncheck "enable work switch"

or uncheck "active low"

·
Registered
143 Posts
BrianTee: Put VTG on and now speedometer works. Thanks.

Andreas: Yes. Mapping works now in simulation with "enable work switch" [off].

Now I'm having connection problem. At first run last week connections worked perfectly. But now AOG can't find arduino. With Arduino IDE connection works though.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts

My suggestion is to still allow sections when using workswitch. The WS should only disable all sections and/or enable all allowed according to coverage.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Now I'm having connection problem. At first run last week connections worked perfectly. But now AOG can't find arduino. With Arduino IDE connection works though.
Can't get any readings from Nano. Tried 2 different nano/usb-cable/computer/usb-port, nothing helps. Just "Oops NC" all the time.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Did you properly uploaded sketch to Arduino? Do you see any data comming out a serial monitor in Arduino?
If yes, check the com port in AOG - did you connected to the right com port?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Did you properly uploaded sketch to Arduino?
Yes.

Do you see any data comming out a serial monitor in Arduino?
No. But I don't know how to use serial monitor.

If yes, check the com port in AOG - did you connected to the right com port?
Yes. First com3 and then with different nano the port was com4 even though ubs cable was plugged to same port in computer.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Have you read the file "How to prepare the Sketch for Upload.pdf" inside the Sketch folder?

The serial Monitor could be started with the icon in upper right corner or via Tools --> Serial Monitor.

You should see the output of the arduino!
Even a naked arduino prints the output after uploading the sketch, otherwise read the pdf again.
Maybe post your "Setup Zone" and i'll check it.

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yes. I've read pdf many times and all parameters should be ok. Uploading goes without error. Nano's red led flashes rapidly when uploading. But serialmonitor stays empty.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Checked the connections of MMA and they were ok. Just like autosteer button aio-scheme. It just doesn't work anymore.

Work switch switches now mapping like it should. Autosteer button seems to send data (batman-window) but aog doesn't react to it at all. Made these tests with simulator. Don't have the steering valve yet.

Found out too that IBT_2 connects (5V)GND to (12V)GND. Don't know if that can cause any trouble.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Checked the connections of MMA and they were ok. Just like autosteer button aio-scheme. It just doesn't work anymore.
Heve checked, now runs with 8452 and 8451 here, look at the word bevor the switchbyte it shows the roll in a multiplied value.
Also check the first sentence sent from the Arduino after a reset, if the MMA fails there is a Message like "MMA init fails!!"

Work switch switches now mapping like it should. Autosteer button seems to send data (batman-window) but aog doesn't react to it at all. Made these tests with simulator. Don't have the steering valve yet.
AOG doesn't care about the Button or Switch, only steercontroller will be disabled/enabled.

Found out too that IBT_2 connects (5V)GND to (12V)GND. Don't know if that can cause any trouble.
You can't avoid that, so keep the Groundline to the IBT_2 short and thick!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Heve checked, now runs with 8452 and 8451 here, look at the word bevor the switchbyte it shows the roll in a multiplied value.
Also check the first sentence sent from the Arduino after a reset, if the MMA fails there is a Message like "MMA init fails!!"
Sorry, I don't understand. Could you explain what you mean?

1521 - 1540 of 2024 Posts