The Combine Forum banner

1761 - 1780 of 2024 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello ,
After a few tries of my autosteer, I have a lot of trouble to reach good settings to follow the line. ca derive and corrects too late, or so it zigzag violently .... I have a steerpointzero very good, however, count by degree defined by steer wizard, very stable angle sensor, stable mma ... No hardware problem. But if anyone could give me a description of the method to use for PID setup and steer ... I would like to take a look at it from here, but my english is not good enough to understand everything orally. But if someone very nice could write such a description, I will have no difficulty in translating it into French. So please help me .
Hi,

I am too starting to experiment with AOG autosteer settings. I used it to seed my wheat last week for the first time, first it was hard to get it straight I finnaly got some stable results. First like Brian said counts per degree is very important, a small change made some big difference, to adjust it I set my counts/degree to 1 then turn my wheel to exactly 15 degree, measured with a protractor, repeated for both sides. I then divided the displayed number by 15 to give me the counts/degree. After I increased my minimum PWM until the motor reacted to minor changes. Started with look Ahead and min Look Ahead around 2.5 each. I played with each variables one at a time first with major change to see the reaction and finally just minor changes. I have a 12 volts 300rpm gear motor, my final settings are look Ahead 2, min Look Ahead 2.5, Prop Gain 22, output gain 11, min PWM 29.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great work Brian and the crew! This is a wonderful project that the agricultural community has been needing for some time.
I set up an Arduino Leonardo with the basic auto steer code. I have set it up with the default pin out. Arduino and IB2 and a princess auto angle sensor with no other components sitting stationary on my desk for testing. I can connect to my com port with putty and can see the five segments of data returned. -11.12,0.00,9999,9999,1 . Even a Arduino with nothing hooked up will spit out data on the com port. 9.76,0.00,9999,9999,1 Agopen connects to the com port but does not seem to see the data. It says "Oops NC". Have i completely overlooked something? Agopen connects just fine to the GPS com port and returns GPS coordinates. Files, schematics, etc are all from the latest AgOpenGPS-master.zip on github.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Great work Brian and the crew! This is a wonderful project that the agricultural community has been needing for some time.
I set up an Arduino Leonardo with the basic auto steer code. I have set it up with the default pin out. Arduino and IB2 and a princess auto angle sensor with no other components sitting stationary on my desk for testing. I can connect to my com port with putty and can see the five segments of data returned. -11.12,0.00,9999,9999,1 . Even a Arduino with nothing hooked up will spit out data on the com port. 9.76,0.00,9999,9999,1 Agopen connects to the com port but does not seem to see the data. It says "Oops NC". Have i completely overlooked something? Agopen connects just fine to the GPS com port and returns GPS coordinates. Files, schematics, etc are all from the latest AgOpenGPS-master.zip on github.
Hi thanks for that!

Code is Running with uno/Nano/Mega.

I Did have the same Problem with a leonardo (at my lattepanda). I can See the Data with serial Monitor- But Not with Agopen.

I think the Leonardo Uses another thing for Communication...

Found it :

https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=143028.0#msg1074199

I think Leonardo Need dtr enable on Agopen side..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Copy and paste.... The major difference between Uno and Leonardo is that Leonardo has an ATmega32u4 which has support for the USB, whereas the UNO has ATmega328 which doesn't have the USB support onboard. ... Whereas the UNO requires an additional microcontroller to provide the USB capability.
Very strange. I think a something in agopen might be broken with my setup. The data is spitting out the com port with no issues as far as i can see.

Is anybody good with code that can quickly edit the ESP32 code to be compatible with its predecessor the ESP8266? I have several of these and they should be more than capable. The code would have to be changed to remove the task handling to the second core. Maybe some libraries will need to be changed as well. I have an esp8266 all wired up if anybody can help.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Brian
For the Steering Angle Sensor, could I use the Delphi ER10032 as it comes with a mounting plate at the wheel end.
Not sure how the source a "ball fitting" for the Delphi ER10031.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi Brian
For the Steering Angle Sensor, could I use the Delphi ER10032 as it comes with a mounting plate at the wheel end.
Not sure how the source a "ball fitting" for the Delphi ER10031.
Sorry, got the wrong part number. Can I use a Delphi ER10014.
Yes the Delphi ER10014 would work. As for sourcing the ball joint. I found that if you have a grease nipple/zerk assortment usually one of the larger sized grease nipples works as a ball joint. A lot of hardware or automotive supply stores stock ball joints too like this https://au.element14.com/c/fasteners-mechanical/fasteners-fixings/hinges-joints/ball-joints

https://au.element14.com/c/fasteners-mechanical/fasteners-fixings/hinges-joints/ball-joints

I would imaging that the pin out would be the same as the ER10031.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello,

Question about the WAS : is there a validated alternativ of the Delphi ER10031 that can been use as WAS ?
Seems to be hard to find this sensor in Europe : I didn't find a seller who can ship it to France.
And I don't find the datasheet of this sensor : so hard to identify an electrical equivalent of the Delphi.

Someone living in Europe use an alternativ of this sensor, easier to find in Europe ?

Thanks a lot,

Math

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,

Question about the WAS : is there a validated alternativ of the Delphi ER10031 that can been use as WAS ?
Seems to be hard to find this sensor in Europe : I didn't find a seller who can ship it to France.
And I don't find the datasheet of this sensor : so hard to identify an electrical equivalent of the Delphi.

Someone living in Europe use an alternativ of this sensor, easier to find in Europe ?

Thanks a lot,

Math

Hi

182857 chez Conrad fr

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm using these https://www.tme.eu/fr/details/rty090lveax/capteurs-de-hall/honeywell/#
They should be in stock again in august.

Same sensor with different pin out can be found in Digikey https://www.digikey.fi/short/p43b2m

There is other options too with different angle range https://www.tme.eu/fr/katalog/capteurs-de-hall_112576/?mapped_params=98:1443913;1983:1522352;&page=1&products_with_stock=1&s_field=artykul&s_order=ASC&visible_params=1983,1397,2,2193,1756,2150,82,32,98,1605#

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the information about sourcing a Ball Joint for the Delphi ER10031. Very helpful.

Next problem I have encounter is finding a Plug to plug into the Delphi ER10031, now I can source a ball joint.
I search Delphi plugs and only seem to find Round terminals not flat terminals.
My terminology is obviously wrong or the plug isn't a Delphi......

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Solder wires to the plug and put your own connector on. Someone did find a source for the but I don't recall who or where. Asked gm about them, it was more then the sensor.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,170 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ive almost got mine working but I think there may be a bug. I am using an ESP32 with the Autosteer_ESP code posted on github but i cannot get a steering angle reading. I have selected " byte input_type = 0; //0 = No ADS installed, Wheel Angle Sensor connected directly to ESP at GPIO 4 (attention 3,3V only)". I uploaded a small sketch to read and print GPIO 4 values and it works perfectly. I have spent hours looking through the code and have not spotted the problem. Anybody have any ideas on how i should proceed?

Lyle

1761 - 1780 of 2024 Posts