·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,842

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
The second version basic board is uploaded. I have not had it made but would greatly appreciate a few eyes look at it. It includes power for the DOGS2 and is laid out a lot better - hole sizes are better for appropriate wire etc. Connections for power at one end, signals at the other.
I'll let you know towards the middle of next month, should have one built by then.

Edit: The parts list is the same for V2.0?

·
Registered
788 Posts
The second version basic board is uploaded. I have not had it made but would greatly appreciate a few eyes look at it. It includes power for the DOGS2 and is laid out a lot better - hole sizes are better for appropriate wire etc. Connections for power at one end, signals at the other.

https://github.com/farmerbriantee/BasicAutoSteerPCB

The arduino code is also the most current, as well as the latest AgOpenGPS.
https://github.com/farmerbriantee/AgOpenGPS
Just a little thought ..

Why not remove the relay? Becomes warm, costs and a main switch is needed at every way....

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,845
Just a little thought ..

Why not remove the relay? Becomes warm, costs and a main switch is needed at every way....

Well, that's a good point. I bypassed it on my board because i had a 50 amp upstream. But it is handy for those who don't have a relay since it should be connected directly to a fused line from the battery. And with the 12 to 24v convertor and motor, you don;t want it on all the time. There are extra pads and just power the board after the relay.

·
Registered
107 Posts

https://github.com/farmerbriantee/BasicAutoSteerPCB

The arduino code is also the most current, as well as the latest AgOpenGPS.
https://github.com/farmerbriantee/AgOpenGPS
I almost agree with Andreas about the relay on the board, but I admit that it will require a solid switch to deliver 40 A , so we end up with a relay somewhere. So perhaps add a diode in the line from relay pin 85 to ON off pin, and relay can´t turn on with wrong polarity

Another suggestion is to move the "shunt" delivering 12 V to the 3 lines (steer, implement and remote) so it gets 12 V directly from 12 VDC through another 3A diode, this way still protected from reverse polarity and also reducing strain on the first 3A diode.

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,847
Another suggestion is to move the "shunt" delivering 12 V to the 3 lines (steer, implement and remote) so it gets 12 V directly from 12 VDC through another 3A diode, this way still protected from reverse polarity and also reducing strain on the first 3A diode.

There is only about 0.1 amp going thru the 3A diode, just the turn on spike to charge the caps. What would be best for R8 is a solderable thermal fuse - but is only required for proximity sensors. I guess the same can be said for WAS, as its 5v isn't protected either against a short circuit to ground. The 7805 is now the fuse.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
No only Pi, but Python also!

By the way I've been playing a bit with MicroPython on ESP hardware. I think I might be tempted to make that my go to hardware combination instead of Arduino for most things. Super fast for prototyping anyway. The only snag is the 3.3v issue. Although I can get ESP boards in Arduino form factor, most arduino shields are 5v.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello. New to the board. First off, I appreciate all the hard work making AGOpenGPS what it is today. I'm hoping to integrate this into our operation this fall. I'm building up the mount for the steering motor and had an idea. I'm curious about adding a high torque servo to the motor mount to engage and disengage the motor. I think it would be fairly simple to integrate. I'm wondering if anyone has done this kind of modification to their own setup. Looking to maybe tie it into the 'work switch' function. The servo arm wouldn't be attached to the motor in anyway. That would allow the motor to be moved out of the way manually. I think this would also allow the fiction drive to retain it's floating tension via the spring. Any one have any thoughts or suggestion on this? Thanks! I don't mean to derail the current conversation.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hello. New to the board. First off, I appreciate all the hard work making AGOpenGPS what it is today. I'm hoping to integrate this into our operation this fall. I'm building up the mount for the steering motor and had an idea. I'm curious about adding a high torque servo to the motor mount to engage and disengage the motor. I think it would be fairly simple to integrate. I'm wondering if anyone has done this kind of modification to their own setup. Looking to maybe tie it into the 'work switch' function. The servo arm wouldn't be attached to the motor in anyway. That would allow the motor to be moved out of the way manually. I think this would also allow the fiction drive to retain it's floating tension via the spring. Any one have any thoughts or suggestion on this? Thanks! I don't mean to derail the current conversation.
I am using an actuator for that and at the moment I am controlling it with a momentary button which reverses +/- on the actuator leads with two bistable relays. So it switches between engaging/disengaging by a button press near the implement control. A better idea is to integrate it with Agopengps and have the software control it. A picture is in the wiki photo's page: pictures:20181101_212412.jpg [AgOpgenGPS - DokuWiki]

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hydraulic AutoSteer

Hi, I am new to this thread, but I am interested in implementing Hydraulic autosteer with AoG in my IH 1486. It is open center. My question is the following; Will I need a special .ino file for the audrino for it to work with the PWM - Valve 2-Coil (CQuick) as described in the hydraulic_steering section of the AoG wiki. Also I am planning on using the autosteer button full build minus to BNO IMU but included the steering wheel encoder to disengage autosteer when the steering wheel is moved. Is there anything extra I should know about that setup.

Thanks for any help in advance!

·
Registered
376 Posts
There are a few sketches floating around. Which one do you have? One of them has a lot of options built in which you select at the beginning of the sketch and as long as you don't want anything extra it should work.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi, I am new to this thread, but I am interested in implementing Hydraulic autosteer with AoG in my IH 1486. It is open center. My question is the following; Will I need a special .ino file for the audrino for it to work with the PWM - Valve 2-Coil (CQuick) as described in the hydraulic_steering section of the AoG wiki. Also I am planning on using the autosteer button full build minus to BNO IMU but included the steering wheel encoder to disengage autosteer when the steering wheel is moved. Is there anything extra I should know about that setup.

Thanks for any help in advance!
About hydraulics: As far as I remember this range of IH have a doublepump system, one part of pump for main hydraulics and one part for servo/orbitrol steering, but never the less as you say, still open center.
I have found that open center valves will not give enough oil pressure to be able to move the wheels until almost at full voltage on coil, so you dont get the advantage of the small steering adjustments.
If you are as lucky as me, and the oil goes from steering system, and to also shift your HI low gear, there might be a "preloaded" pressure on the hydraulic steering line of something like 30 bar, which is enough to use a closed center valve just T ed on with P to the P of orbitrol and with its T directly to tank (This way you also use the already inbuilt pressure relief valve of the system.)
I must admit that wheels will not steer much when tractor is not rolling, due to the low oilpressure, but driving in field it is fine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I guess what my 3 biggest questions regarding the hydraulic steering which ZachGrant does not cover are:

1) Am I able to use the Auto_Steer_Button.ino file included in the modules folder of AoG to run the Audrino or do I need a special or different .ino file.
2) Can I use the BTS 7960 Driver or do I need something different.
3) And finally does anyone know the model number of a good 4 way 3 position PWM valve to use.

Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
I guess what my 3 biggest questions regarding the hydraulic steering which ZachGrant does not cover are:

1) Am I able to use the Auto_Steer_Button.ino file included in the modules folder of AoG to run the Audrino or do I need a special or different .ino file.
2) Can I use the BTS 7960 Driver or do I need something different.
3) And finally does anyone know the model number of a good 4 way 3 position PWM valve to use.

Thanks
He used a SP10-47c

1841 - 1860 of 2024 Posts